cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi page tiff limitation - Mac PC

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Mac PC on user end and facing limitation when display of multi page Tiff (only the first page is showed) documents scanned from SAP with Archive link.

Anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

there seem to be some image drawing API on Mac OS X, which cause only the first page to be displayed.

The same I can see in Safari, FireFox and elsewhere. The same test TIFF however gets displayed with several pages using Preview, which comes with Mac OS X. Also some third party apps like GraphicConverter show all pages.

I do not have much hope, that this can be addressed within SAP GUI for Java. What about saving the file and displaying within Preview, or customizing ArchiveLink to launch Preview to display on the Mac?

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

Maybe you are right about addressing this issue within SAP GUI for JAVA but last month we had similar problems (Display attachments) in users end PC with Linux, and that issue was resolve within SAP GUI for JAVA (I think..).

In Archivelink configuration we can use external viewers but this is done by document class (TIF), this means that in MAC, Linux or Widows all need to share the some viewers.

Thanks for the reply,

Best regards,

Hugo Marques

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately I am not an Archivelink configuration expert. Maybe there is an option not to specify a particular viewer to let the clients OS decide, which viewer to use?

In JavaGUI, you also can choose an application for a given mime-type in the Desktop Preferences.

This might help to make it work on all client OSes.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin