cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line break in messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. The question is mentioned in title)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are several problems with your posting. First you can't just say question is in title. At least cut and paste it. That just isn't good forum form. Second you really should provide a little more details about what you want to acomplish.

Do you mean message as in error, warning, etc type messages that get displayed in the message manager? If so, you can't really put line breaks in those types of message. They will wrap based upon the size of the message manager. These types of messages should be short anyway - like 120 characters or so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thomas. You understood me right. I want to format error message to make it more convenient to read. It's some sort of a list of values... Is the number of messages limited? If there is no possibility to format message, I'll split it.

P.S. I just didn't want to describe question which is clear from the title. If it's not done, I'll avoid it.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you need more than a single sentence for the message, then I would suggest that you use a message class based message and use a message long text:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3a/682d0802c411d395c600a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

You can use formatting within the message long text.

The message manager in WDA will display the message and a link. When the user clicks the link the message long text will be displayed with formatting in a dialog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas, that's what I need. Do you know whether I can set up variable number of parameters in long text? Or does it have to be fixed?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can use the same four variables (&1, &2, &3, and &4) that can be passed into the message itself.