cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Form builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i have the problem when i drag and drop some elements in the form builder, i often get a short dump and the connection breaks.

Then i have to restart sfp.

Maybe I installed an old version of Adobe Life Cycle Designer on my system.

Can anybody helps?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

something like MESSAGE_X?

you have options: update both SAP GUI and LCD to the newer versions (LCD 8.1 works just great for me).

or google for the MESSAGE_X where you will find the "solution" (telling you about the update:)))

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can i get the new version here?

Thanks

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP version of LiveCycle Designer

Note 1121176 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Installation

Note 1253121 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Patch

Note 1176858 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.1 Installation

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed LCD 8.0 how its described here. Note 1121176 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Installation

I installed 8.0 because the sap kernel is sap release 7.0

But i have the same problem. When i start lcd with sfp and switch to layout. There comes the popup with the message Adobe LiveCycle Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When i close this popup with 'dont send', the application terminates.

However the problem still exist .

What can i do.

Regards

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try creating a sample form with ALD in standalone mode i.e. goto C:\Program Files\Adobe\Designer 8.0 and open formdesigner.exe from there. This way you can sure that there is some issue with ALD and SAP release you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved. I've installe LCD 8.2 and SAP GUI 7.2. Then everything works fine.

Thank you all.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to help, thanks for the feedback. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the problem exists again. Can you help me. I have installed Adobe Live Cycle designer v 8.1 und SAp GUI 7.2. When i click on Layout Tab there comes a error message ' erro during method call' and the nessage that Adobe live cyycle designer a problem encountered and need to close...

Please help...

Regards

Chrisp

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CHristopher

I have the exact same issue. How did you manage to solve it?

Kind Regards

Bo Linddahl Rasmussen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

there is a folder in your local filesystem which named application_data. i think that was the name. however there is live cycle dsigner data stored for runtime. The file there which is last modified is damaged. You should delete it. Then the problem should be solved. When the problem still exists. I think you should delete the complete Adobe application data folder. When you do this, you have to reinstall ALD on your system. i use version 8.1. That works great for me.

I hope that helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved finally. It was a problem in the local file system.

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>i have the problem when i drag and drop some elements in the form builder, i often get a short dump and the connection breaks.

answer few questions:

1. does this happen with all the forms launched from SFP, or just for one partiular form (in that case form could have some issues.)

2. does this happen just on your machine or does it happen with all other machines with the same version of livecycle designer installations.

3. after getting the short dump, open the windows task manager, and see if you can find the process FORMDE~1.EXE running

regards,

BJagdishwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. It is in all forms. Often the connection broken also when i start

3. No, it doesnt run.