cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal not working in IE 10 (Internet explorer 10)

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our customer is using IE 10 (Internet explorer 10) and above, as their

bowser.We tried running SAP EP on IE 8 (Internet explorer 8), login

page of portal itself not coming up in IE 8, its giving us error. so we

are worried whether SAP EP will work on IE 10 also.

We tried running SAP EP on IE 6 (Internet explorer 6), and its working

fine, login page of portal is coming up properly in IE 6.

So I request you to please let us know what maximum version of IE

(Internet explorer) our customer can have on their desktop in order to

run SAP EP properly (with all the functionallity) ? Can we use IE 10

also ?

Our OS (Operating system) is XP and in some case microsoft vista also

and our portal version is EP 7.0 , SP 14 as of now.

kindly let us know in detail.

thanks

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Satyam,

Can you please share the solution with us. I am facing exactly the same problem. User's here are Top Level management and we can't ask them to switch to compatibility view. Do we have a workaround like an IE patch application or so.

Request if you could please help me with this problem.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out SAP Note 1590563: SAP web application within the context of IE9.

We have been able to control IE’s document mode by using  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Emulate8"> in personal projects in the past and it might be possible to add the <meta> element to the SAP web pages for ESS and BuyRight and test if this allows the page to render properly using IE9 (without manually putting it into Compatibility View).  The solution for the second scenario mentioned in the SAP note sounds promising.

Of course Microsoft makes it difficult again, because IE 10 will introduce another new revised Quirks Mode for IE 10 which will eliminate support for older features and include some HTML5 by default to catch up to what the other browsers (Firefox and Chrome) currently do when the <!DOCTYPE> directive is missing.

Regars,

Dan Mead

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

Did you resolve the issue??

We are planning to upgrade our browsers from IE9 to IE10 and are facing the same issue. Can you please post how you resolved the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

I know your post was a while back but do you know if SAP has come out with a fix for IE 10 or IE 11? I know we can run the browsers in compatibility mode but that's more of a band-aid solution.

Thanks,

Chad

pranay_aitha2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

SAP supports IE10, but i guess IE11 is still not supported and should run in the compatibility mode.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a specific release or version of SUS that supports IE 10? We're still getting our vendors to run it in compatibility mode or else when they log in they get an error.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

IE 10 is not supported to see any new product compatibility check PAM in service market place

https://service.sap.com/pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to refer to SAP Note 1462523. It highlights some changes needed on IE8. We are currenlty running on IE8 Without having any issues. I am not sure bout IE10 as there is yet to be a note by SAP.

Regards