cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parrallel approval flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If the work-item goes to two approvers, suppose A and B. If it is mandatory for both the approvers to approve(In the same process level) in the same work-item, how does the system shows this details in approval preview.

For Ex: If the work item goes to A and B(In the same process level) then in the approval preview it will show as workitem with

Awaiting approval with A;B .

I want to know how the system shows in SRM 7.0 if the work-item needs to be approved by two persons in the same process level. (In other type of approval flow, if the work-item is approved by either A or B then the work-item status will be completed.)

I am using SRM 6.0 , it is showing here if the work-item is approved by two persons in the same process level as

"Multiple Decision Sets. "

Now if i click on the multiple decision sets, it shows the two approvers on the same process level.

Can any one please let me know how this process will be shown in SRM 7.0

Regards

Lokesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharath,

As explained already we are getting that multiple decision sets even for one line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my earlier message I have explained you how to avoid that multiple decisions set.. Please read that again..

Also Please check method GET_AREA_TO_ITEM_MAP and GET_APPROVERS_BY_AREA_GUID and come back..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply's!!

@MASA :

The process levels are defined in such a way that, there are totally 9 approval levels out of which three are buyer approval flow which has the decision type as 'Decision for each document Item'.

And the rest of the levels are like financial levels which has the decision type as ' Decision for each decision set item'.

Usually the problem we are facing was at the buyer approval flow.

Multiple decision sets usually appear when the approver 'X' of the cart inquires, and the requester accepts the changes via check status(Workflow will get restarted ), and again the workflow goes to the approver 'X' if the approver approves then we are getting multiple decision sets.

Even though there is no much impact(some times carts in productions behaves erroneously) based on this but I want to know why it is happening.

After that I have debugged and checked the tables /SAPSRM/D_WF_004,006,000. For only few carts i can see in the table /SAPSRM/D_WF_006, that even though it has to create two different decision set Ids for the two different approvers present in the same process level, i have seen some times that for the same workitem there are same decision set ID's created for the same process level(Even though it has different area context guid), based on this i came to a conclusion that the Multiple decision sets are getting created if two different approvers approve the same work item on the same process level.

@ Bharath

In the method /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_RESP_RESOLVER~GET_AREA_TO_ITEM_MAP(For buyer approval flow)

we are determining the approvers before the area guid is generated. I dont understand why in our project we are not finding the approvers based on the leading object id. might be as they are generating the approvers before the generation of area guid, they are taking the leading object as approvers only.

For the rest of the approval steps also we are finding the approvers before the generation of area guid.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask it your project member who implemented the method GET_AREA_TO_ITEM_MAP and GET_APPROVERS_BY_AREA_GUID.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, As I explained already Area GUID is key in your issue..

Try to change the leading object (Like create Area GUID for similar items in a SC)

Example:

Item 1

Item 2 Consider For First three Items approvers are Approver A,B &C

Item 3

Item 4

Item 5 Consider For last two Items approvers are Approver D,E&F

In the above case first 3 items should have same Area GUID and last 2 item will have same Area GUID so typically we are grouping first 3 and last 2..

Hope this will be helpful

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

Even though the SC has only one line item, we are facing that Multiple decision sets if two different approvers approved the SC in the same process level.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks a bug. Can you past your Process Level Definition setting?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because, you may have Area GUID based on number of approvers.. You should group the similar items under single Area GUID..

This should be helpful..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will work same way in SRM 7.0 as well. Multiple approvers at same level work this way

1. if you have decision sets functionality implemented, different approvers will be able to make decision on the items they are responsible for

2. if you assigned multiple agents to the same process level (without decision sets), cart can be approved by any approver whoever takes action first.

Regards

Virender Singh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item level approval is available for SC. It is called Type 4 decision type.

For example, you order a SC with 5 items. Approver A approves item 1, 3 and 4, approver B approves item 2 and 5.

Does this fit for your scenario?

Regards,

Masa