cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build new SAP system only from Database-SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap expert.

I met a problem with my system and confuse to find solution to solve it!

Currently my system corrupted with OS, and I do not have any "system copy of the system".

I just have a database backup, and now I want to rebuild an SAP system on another server with the database.

I do not know how to do!

Could you advise me how to rebuild an SAP system on others server (with new name and IP) from only database of SAP system before.

Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have a database copy, you can do a system copy.

Homogeneous or Heterogeneous system copy would depend on your requirement.

While doing a system copy, when SAPinst prompts for the installation type

system copy / Oracle backup/Restore.

You can find the relevant documentation here,

https://service.sap.com/nw04installation

--> Open "SAP Web AS"

--> SAP Web AS 6.40 SR1 and Related Documentation

--> Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu!

My system is ABAP-Enhancement Package 4 based on Netweaver 7.01.

As I understand, it can only be done when we have a u201Csystem copyu201D before from SAP-System (SCS and the Database and CI).

When performing u201Csystem copyu201D , it always points to the "profile dicrectory", but with only Database i canu2019t point that "profile dicrectory"

I mean I want to build a new SAP system from a just backup Database.

Could you give me more details step to do it?

Example:

1) Restore database in new Server

2) Restore SCS, etc

Thank you.

Edited by: Nguyen Manh Cuong on Aug 30, 2010 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be possible to select system copy and later in the dialog something like:

- R3load based copy

- database based copy

There you select "database based copy", you will later be prompted to do the restore. A second option is to just do a full install with the NW 7.01 including database and then restore the original database.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for reply.

When using "Homogeneous or Heterogeneous system copy" to restore SAP I met Error in step Backup/restore database.

The details error is below:

An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > Oracle > Target System Installation > Distributed System > Based on AS ABAP > Database Instance( Last error reported by the step :TypeError: rowPar has no properties (in script NW_ABAP_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 60476: ???)). You can now:<li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>View Log</i> to get more information about the error.

In the u201CSystem copyu201D processing I could not see any step to point the current my database!

Please give me some advice

Thanks.

Edited by: Nguyen Manh Cuong on Aug 31, 2010 10:45 AM