SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating operands: Not possible to maintain before a certain date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to insert an operand value in ES31, I got the following returned message "Not possible to maintain before XX.XX.XXXX", where XX.XX.XXXX is the End Billing Period of the last bill. In my understanding, SAP does not allow updating an operand before the last bill, right? I need to maintain an operand value. Is there a way to insert an operand value before the last bill?

Thanks so much,

Sukasom

4 REPLIES 4

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the operand is effective prior to the end of the last billing period, then wouldn't you want to reverse that last invoice/billing doc to take the new operand into effect and re-issue the billing doc/invoice docs?

Cheers

0 Kudos

The problem is that we can not reverse the bill, because the customer had paid already.

We have a case where the orginal bill was incorrect, so we did the manual bill to either return the money or charge the customer more,

and then we need to insert operand value to maintain the past consumption.

Thank so much

0 Kudos

Hi,

check the History section of the that particular operand , if 'only in billing period' is selected then change it to 'As specified'

i think it will solve your problems.

rgds,

Deepak

0 Kudos

In the history section, it is "as specified" from the beginning.

Thank you very much

Sukasom

Edited by: Pommie on Sep 6, 2010 1:37 PM