cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help results of cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

Cost center is normally assigned to SC item based on the attribute set in PPOMA_BBP (attribute CNT). Now, when you're in the item details screen and want to change that default cost center you can search for other ones using the "glasses icon". This starts some kind of a F4 search help screen and returns a list of all available cost centers existing in the backend system.

Our SRM users are NOT created in the backend system, therefore we're not able to control cost center authorizations via backend user authorizations.

So the problem we have is, that in the result screen we get by far too much cost centers from which the enduser can make his choice. We'd like to reduce this result list to only the cost centers assigned via CNT attribute on org. unit level in PPOMA_BBP.

I already looked at BAdIs BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY and BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT (method GET_COSTCENT) and to verify if they could do what I wanted simply tried to delete all entries from table ET_COSTCENT_LIST and ET_COSTCENT_FAVOURITES... no changes, the result list still contains a complete overview of all our backend cost centers.

To all SRM gurus out there: how is it possible to restrict the result list of cost center search help?

Thanks again anyone for some help.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

this can be achieved with PFCG authorizations to:

- use the R/3 search help

- or use the values defined in PPOMA_BBP attributes.

In authorization object BBP_FUNCT (or M_BBP_SHLP

in < SRM 4.0), if you activate the value BE_F4_HELP, then you enable the call of input help in R/3.

So adapt your roles to disable the R/3 search help.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Won't this disable any R/3 search helps? I just would like to disable it for cost centers.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MF BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT is the best way, you can compare with attributs (BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES) and delete all unwanted CC.

in badi don't forget to flag EV_X_FAV_PROCESSED to 'X'.

Regards,

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand

This is what I already tried. I did implement BAdI BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT (method GET_COSTCENT) like this:

method IF_EX_BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT~GET_COSTCENT.
    ev_x_fav_processed = 'X'.
    CLEAR:   et_costcent_list,
             et_costcent_favourites.
    REFRESH: et_costcent_list,
             et_costcent_favourites.
  endmethod.

Just wanted to test if it did any effect and only continue with a real implementation afterwards. Unfortunately this implementation didn't have any effect, it still offers me all backend cost centers.

Yes, the BAdI is activated, setting a break point on it also proved that it passes through my coding. However, debugging it gives some troubles with integrated catalog (at least in BBPSC03) being showed above the SC item overview. After leaving debugging session with F8 it "moves" to the integrated catalog. Leaving the debugging session there again with F8 gives a RABAX_STATE error...

Anyway, my tests told me: a) BAdI implementation is called and b) without debugging it it still shows all backend cost centers.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

This BADI can not be used for this kind of search help, as this is an R/3 search help and not an SRM search help.

In this special case where we use a Dialog RFC to call the search help directly in R/3, the BADI logic is not implemented (look in FORM f4_search_costcent, include LBBP_PDH_ACCF20).

So if you want to deactivate the R/3 search help for CC only, you will have to change the std code.

In HTML template (SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_1 & SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_2 from BBPACCOUNT), the 2 search types are available.

R/3 search is called if:

GV_AUTHORITY.value=="X"

and

GV_BACKEND_CALL.value=="X"

But those parameters are used for all accounting objects.

In acc overview (template 1000_1) the accounting string is "generic". So this is a problem, but you can use the accounting category available in the overview to disable the R/3 search.

In detail screen (template 2000_1), you have directly the cost center field, so here you could change directly the HTML code to always use local SRM values.

So your issue could be solved with HTML modifications only. But check also ABAP side, as the F4 search is also handled here depending on global variable gv_authority.

You may have to modify form f4_search_costcent as well.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Thanks for the detailed help! I think we will go with the following solution:

1. Leaving R/3 search help activated (we need it especially for searching orders)

2. Make the 2 fields cost center and g/l acc. fields read only (this prevents from entering any other existing and valid but unauthorized cost center and/or g/l acct.)

-> how and where?!? possible via screen variant?

3. Modify HTML template SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_2 in order to disable R/3 search help for cost center field. However, this leads to search help result list only showing cost center number but not the corresponding text/description...

-> BTW: how do template modifications behave when doing a release change of SRM?!?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

2. not possible via screen variant. Modify both templates SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_1 and SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_2

3. ?? if you deactivate the search help access in the HTML, this should not impact the cost object description retrieval via an RFC call in R/3.

In case of upgrade, template modifications will have to be re-applied (and in SRM 6.0, it will be in Webdynpro, so all UI mods will have to be refined into this new technology).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

> 2. not possible via screen variant. Modify both

> templates SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_1 and

> SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_2

Ok, thanks!

> 3. ?? if you deactivate the search help access in the

> HTML, this should not impact the cost object

> description retrieval via an RFC call in R/3.

Well, tested it already (deactivated R/3 search help in our roles and eliminated the dialog RFC destination as well) and the cost center R/3 search help went away. Instead of this I could choose a "..." entry in the drop down list in order to display all cost centers specified to my org. unit in PPOMA_BBP. There are two columns (cost center and text) but in both I can only see the cost center number.

> In case of upgrade, template modifications will have

> to be re-applied (and in SRM 6.0, it will be in

> Webdynpro, so all UI mods will have to be refined

> into this new technology).

Doohhh... once again: don't modify your system... if you can! Will have to talk about it internally as we do not like modifications at all.

Will keep you informed. Thanks again for all your appreciated help!

Best regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

An other way is :

To Use trusted RFC, but you've to maintain user/role in both system...

/hide

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand

From a technical point of view it will certainly work, yes. BUT:

a) it would blow up our user maintenance because we have by far too much EBP users (and not to forget the setup of a lot of additional single roles and authorization profiles)

b) it would also require a lot of additional R/3 licences

So no way for us, too much EBP users, too expensive, ...

Thanks anyway

Best regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

3- I said that the description should be there if you change the HTML code, not if you change the authorizations. Keep your R/3 search help authorizations in PFCG (because you need it for other cost object searches), and just modify the HTML template as proposed (to get the "old" drop down list box with "..." to search against attribute values).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I have to wait for an "ok" from the project management before applying the changes (modifications). Will post results when time has come.

BR

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renaud

I have the same problem with you.

Did you solve this problem?

If yes, how did you do for this?

I have already tried to remove RFC Dialog and deativate R/3 search help in roles.

But there is still binocular icon instead of dropdown list box. What should i do for this?

Thank you

Best Regards.

Lee SoHee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi So Hee

As Christophe explains in some postings further up it requires modifications to some HTML templates. Didn't try it out yet. We want to combine this with an implementation of cost center authorization checks based on the KNT settings an enduser has (in ppoma). Because of the required modifications I'm still waiting an approval from our project management.

Maybe you will be able to post your findings before me?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to let everyone know... I finally implemented some modifications as suggested by Christophe (see above) and it works! This is what I've done:

Disabled ability to enter G/L account number manually (made it read only) in account assignemt overview and in accounting line details view.

Disabled F4 search func of cost center field (set field gv_authority = space) in Include LBBP_PDH_ACCF20.

Commented out some lines around this stuff in 2 templates of ITS service BBPACCOUNT (templates were SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_1000_1 and SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC_2000_1)

Now we still can use F4 backend search help for other fields except for cost center where end users get a drop down list to pick up one cost center out of those assigned to them in PPOMA_BBP.

However, one last thing remains to fix: in SRM search help of the accounting line details view you see in the drop down list your favorite cost centers. In this drop down list is also a entry "..." to get a list of all other assigned cost centers. In this list the cost center text equals 1:1 to the cost center id. Not a big show stopper but not nice as well as it becomes not easy to find the right cost center.

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

Any solution to your problem? We are having the same issue.

What we want to achieve is that the user only be able to use (view or choose) cost centers defined for him in PPOMA_BBP. No changes in R/3 Backend authorization. We prefer not to change the template or the standard code.

Does this mean that this is not possible with the BADI alone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Case,

We can get this functionality with out changing any standard program.

Herewith I am sending details.

1. Implement the badi using definition BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE and write below mentioned code in method DETERMINE_DRIVER.

IF functionname = 'B470_SHLP_CALL' AND sy-tcode NE 'PPOMA_BBP'.

functionname = 'ZB470_SHLP_CALL'.

ENDIF.

2. Copy the standard FM B470_SHLP_CALL to ZB470_SHLP_CALL then make

the changes in ZB470_SHLP_CALL.

Here you have to make two changes.

a. Clear the destination name (LV_DESTINATION) for calling search help

from SRM

b. Give your own search help name (ZCOST_CENTER we need to create this search help in SRM )

Now it will call the search help ZCOST_CENTER from SRM only

Sample code

CASE shlp_field.

WHEN gc_g_l_acct.

lv_shlpname = 'SAKO'.

lv_shlpparam = 'SAKNR'.

WHEN gc_cost_ctr.

lv_shlpname = 'ZCOST_CENTER'.

lv_shlpparam = 'KOSTL'.

CLEAR lv_destination.

3. Create you won search help (ZCOST_CENTER) in SRM and write code in search help exit for getting the cost centers from user attributes. For reading the cost centers from user attributed you can use the FM BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES (pass the CNT as attribute ID)

Regards,

Padmaraju

If it useful to you,please reward points.

former_member404245
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi,

we have implemented this code for use of "search" but have this problem:

in development environment the search is in system language (italian) instead in production environment the search is in english.

What is the problem?

thanks a lot