Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check (batch)

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Q1: Quantity can be confirmed in sales order. Why outbound delivery considers zero quantity, even the second batch number is entered in sales order?

Q2: If the first batch number has insufficient stock, how to make delivery capture the available batch number (I mean, it has stock) automatically?

Background:

In "availability check control", "Include purchase orders", "Include sales requirements" & "Inculde deliveries" are activated for SD order only. While "Inculde deliveries" & "check without RLT" are activated for SD delivery.

Batch first in first out is activated in deliveries.

Picking is NOT activated in deliveries.

And I found a message in sales order "number of batch split is limited in 001". There're 2 batch numbers. The first batch number has no stock. While the second batch number has sufficient stock.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

For Q1:

"check without RLT" could be the reason of different available quantity in SO and DN.

When "Check without RLT" is not flagged, system will consider the replinishment time for this material. All the requirement after RLT won't be considered. If there is no available quantity, system will start forward scheduling from the replenishment date.

For Q2:

1. Batch split is only possible in delivery.

2. If batch is specified in SO, delivery can only copy that batch. It cannot take another batch number.

3. if you want system to automatically take available batch number, you should not set batch in SO.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

for Q1:It could me be possible that GR has been done with some other plant thats the reason that stock of material is available but not in the particular plant. Also ckeck the storage location while checking material stock in MB52.

For Q2: Batch split is not possible in Sales Order, if u have two batch number then remove the batch number from sales order and then provide the batchs in delivery.

And if u have already done PGI using ur first batch then u cant edit batch number in sales order, for that u have to cancel all the subsequent documents.

Regards,

Vishal Singh

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh, Harry,

It seems that I have not stated my issue clearly. I'd like to clarify it. Plz help further. Many thanks.

Example:

Material A has 2 batch numbers against the same storage location: A1 & A2. A1 is received by warehouse before A2. Due to batch first in first out, A1 will be delivered before A2. However, A1 has no stock while A2 has 10K.

Sales order against A (5K) is created & its quantity is confirmed.

Issue: When creating delivery, the system considers 0 quantity available. After double check, it seems it's due to A1. You know, automatic batch determination is activated (batch first in first out).

Even I entered A2 in sales order, the system still considers 0 quantity when creating delivery.

My request: How to make delivery capture the batch against available stock?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks the storage location is added in the sales order.

Do the following and test it;

1) Remove the storage location details in the sales order. I assume the users manually enter the storage location in the sales order. Let the system determine the storage location in the delivery.

2) In OVZ9, for both the sales order and checking rules and checking group, uncheck the field No storage location inspection.

3) Check the batch selection criteria in t.code VCH1. Probably the selection criteria does not match with the batch master characterstics (t.code MSC2N).

4) Check in SPRO->Logistics general ->Batch management->Batch determination and batch check->strategy types->define sales and distribution strategy type. Here check the quantity proposal field routine.

5) Check materials master MRP views for any safety stock is maintained for the other storage location. If maintained, then remove the quantity and test.

Regards,

P.S: I tried to respond to your earlier posting, but for some reason I could not post as I kept on receiving error messages.

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please always check the available quantity in tcode CO09. That's the exact result of atp check.

For SO -> check rule A.

For delivery -> check rule B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Go and check in MMBE whether the particular material is for Schedule for delivery...

If so , Even if the material is available , you wont get it in delivery.

With Regards

S.Siva