cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Note with error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im creating a credit memo request with reference to the invoice (value - 1000 rs).

System should through an error message when tried to create credit memo - that is, when the memo request is created for greater than the value of the invoice (>1000 Rs))

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could create your own VOFM (Routine for copying checks) and set it in tcode VTAF. In the coding of ABAP you can define your own algorithm. Remeber that by your own pricing procedure you can populate fields of VBAK (from conditions) and compare them with the equivalents of VBRK (eg: NETWR) if it's possible. Check the report LV45C021 as an example of VOFM 021.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The invoice amount is 1000 $ and when we create Credit memo request for the first time it is created for say 1000 $.

Now credit memo is created for 1000 $.

Based on the custome request again we create credit memo request for 1000 $ .

Now the requirement is that when we create credit memo again for the above credit memo request (second time) system should throw an error message that the invoice value is exceeded.

Regards

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I think that I undertood it. You want to avoid that if the user do partial credit notes against a reference invoice, the amount of this 'split' credit notes don't exceed the amount of the reference invoice. Am I right?.

If I'm right, in the VOFM suggested (in copy rules), do the verifications of amount (eg: NETWR) between credit notes and invoices of reference. If you think that you have problems of performance, a idea is populate a z-table that you can populate with a userexit (for instance, USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in report MV45AFZZ).

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In Copy control at header level-set the complete reference field

Also check your settings in pos/neg qty field in copy control at item level

Thanks

Chidambaram

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The check based on the value can be done only through user exit. There is no standard process which ensures that the credit value should not be more than the value of the invoice, at times, that even becomes a valid business scenario.

To control your procedure, you have to put this validation in the user exit USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT or

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT or USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

You can try these three and find out the most valid one where the VBAK-NETWR can be checked against the VBRK-NETWR of the referenced invoice.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use work flow for credit memo release.

Credit memo requests- Object type BUS 2094.

Or put default billing block- give authorization to few people only

Thanks

Chidambaram

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First option is Maintain in Incompletion Log , Second Option is Covert the warning message into Error message which you get when you copy from the reference document and create the credit memo

But if you need a error message only when the credit memo request for value of the invoice greater than Rs.1000 , then you need to go with the new subroutine giving the requirements to the technical team

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Thanks for the information.

My requirement is like this:

We are creating a credit memo request with reference to an Invoice.

The Credit Memo Request has more than the invoice value -- then the system as a standard gives a Information message -- But we want a warning message instead of the information message.

Also, when we create a credit memo with reference to the credit memo request and should not get billed but then goes through an approval process before it can be released.

regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For your first issue , convert the Information message number into Warning message

For your second issue , go with a new requirement , where in that requirement approval process should take place.Then only credit memo billing document can be generated. (OR) Maintain a billing block and the approval should release the billing block then only you can create the billing document

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks a lot for the update.

Issue 1: Yes you are right that the info message has to be converted to warning. But how do we do that ? (My message #: V1 523)

Issue 2: Yes, presently we have the option of the billing block release. But, is there any other option for the approval process like as you have mentioned a NEW REQUIREMENT -- Whats that ?

Regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Aug 30, 2010 5:35 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For your First Issue , go to SE91 and give the application V1 and message no 523 and that message you convert from warning to error message

For you Second Issue , if you want to go with the new requirement , so you need to include your requirement in the program with the help of your technical team member.

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check in your credit memo request what item category is flowing. Next go to VOV7, select that item category and execute. There maintain "B" for the field "Completion Rule".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi