cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-BL - Electronic Bank Statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the Electronic Bank statement for uploading the current day bank statement and creating Memo records.

But I have not configured all the BAI codes which the bank lists in their documents. So in future the bank may report some BAI codes which have not been configured. IN order to capture these transactions in a 'common' bucket what should I do? I tried to configure a BAI code '+++' (similar to the 'masking' or 'wildcard') but it does not work.

Is there some way we can configure and capture such unknown/unreported BAI codes and create a Memo record for them using FPS3?

Any suggestion/help is highly appreciated.

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

maybe note 397778 could help you.

There is an transaction code UNALLOCATED. Whenever the bank sends a transaction code, that is not customized in your system, it will use the posting rule you assign to external code UNALLOCATED.

That means you can always import the bank statement file completly and also do the bank accounting step. After importing the log tells you that there is no customizing for those transaction codes. And in transaction FEBAN you can select by the assigned posting rule the unallocated transactions and decide how to post them.

In my case I've created two posting rules for unallocated payments (IXX and OXX) and assigned the external transaction type UNALLOCATED to transaction type (MT940_AT):

UNALLOCATED + IXXX 000: No interpretation Dummy entry - not assignable

UNALLOCATED - OXXX 000: No interpretation Dummy entry - not assignable

In FEBAN I can select for postingn rules IXXX/OXXX and change those posting rules to complete the subledger accounting.

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillipp,

This was very useful. But when I am trying to create Memo records (current day bank statement), this does not work. I mean if htere are BAI codes which has not been configured, the 'UNALLOCATED' BAI code does not create memo records with the Planning levels assigned to UNALLOCATED. I have created a planning level and assigned it to Planning level. I have assing this planning level to UNALLOCATED + AND - IN THE ' Make global settings for EBS'. But still the memo record for missing BAI codes is not getting created.

So is there any step I am missing for the memo record to be created? Appreciate any help.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

unfortunatley I'm not quite familiar with bank statements with BAI format. I think there is a report (transaction FPS3) to create memo records after uploading the current bank statement file. You might also have a look at customizing "Create Planning Types per Bank Account". I think this table should be customized, if you upload your daily bank statement without posting it.

Br,

Philipp

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a suggestion but it doesn't answer the question on how to create memo records.

Banks have a finite number of codes that they use and they can provide that list to you so rather than wait until the code appears in a BAI bank file, you can go ahead and set up configuration for all the codes which the bank uses. Of course some codes will be so rare that you may never see it used. What consultants initially did on our implementation was to analyze a couple of months of bank files to see which codes are normally used and just make sure those are set up in configuration. Using that approach, I only had to deal with probably about two codes in the course of 4 or 5 years that came through which were not originally set up in confuration.

On another note...

Shortly after going through a bank change recently, I had to deal with a couple of new codes that the new bank used that were different than the old bank. Since those new codes were not in configuration yet, no processing occured for the transactions that were in the BAI file and we were able to see the problem items in transaction FEBA (bank statement subsequent processing) labeled as "To be posted". After we added the configuration for the new codes, we were able to go into FEBA and subsequently process those items successfully.