cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 944

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having an issue with EDI 944s. The EDI developer for our company says it's not possible to post goods receipt against an outbound delivery using the 944s. I can't imagine that could be the case. The issue I have with posting GR against the PO (STO) is that there is no consideration for batches. For example, I've recently had an issue where the manufacturing site PGI'd 43 cases of several batches. However, 60 were physically sent for each of these batches. When the 944 posted in SAP, it posted 60 received for the first few batches, and nothing for the last couple. This is resulting in numerous 309 postings because the manufacturing site later ships the remaining out to correct its initial mistake, compounding the issue.

The second benefit I see to this is that it will close the delivery out. Our manual process is to confirm using goods receipt against outbound delivery. Therefore when you go back to MIGO_GR, say to see if it has been received, no lines should come up. However, if GR was posted against the PO, the outbound delivery lines stay open indefinitely. You actually have to go into ME23N and view each line to confirm that all quantities were received (and that doesn't include batches).

Any thoughts on how you use 944s and any work arounds will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question did not concern the definition of a 944, but rather the implementation of the 944 with respect to SAP's outbound deliveries versus the transfer PO.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.