cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: text obligatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I want the user to enter a note in the text area, every time they press save, its to say, I would like the field text to be obligatory. I tried using the badi SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION and therein the function CRM_DNO_READ_ORDER_TEXT, but this function brings all the text used for the transaction, and there is no way to chck if this text was entered previously or in the last saving.

Anyone face a requeriment like that?

Thank you a lot!

Fede.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Have you tried checking the settings within the text determination procedure? There should be the option to make the text obligatory if I remember correctly.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

Thank you very much for your help! Yes, I had tried it before, but I found a problem with it, it doesnt work when you change status, and this is the point where I really need the validation to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have achieved this by creating my own customizing table and entering the status change and the text-id i wanted to check.

I used then ...

DATA lt_alltexts      TYPE comt_text_textdata_t.

CALL FUNCTION 'CRM_DNO_READ_ORDER_TEXT'
    EXPORTING
      iv_header_guid = iv_guid
    IMPORTING
      et_alltexts    = lt_alltexts.

to get all the text-id filled at this moment via SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION. Then just read table with the current status and in the text-id in my customizing table for this status.

Regards

Abosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot Abosil!

I could manage to trigger an error message every time the user save the transaction without entering a text, even when he is saving after performing an action to change the status. My problem now is that in the activity "Concistency checks in change request management" - "Assign condition to status values" I have entered my condition in all status with a cancel message, and then go back to the previous state. The problem that arised is that it creates a sort of chained effect, if for example, it send the error message in the last status, it sends the user back to the previous status, which automatically detect there is an error message and send back to the previous message, so forth up to the first status. Weird!

Did you face something like that Abosil?

Hope you can help!

Best regards,

Federico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In german we say better late then never.

Well I would say it works exactly like u customized it. Generally I had alwasy just one status to go back to like "In progress". Maybe you should think of that.

If u still need more informaion feel free to ask.

Abosi

Answers (0)