cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM with variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have MTO scenario which may have multiple inspections plans to be selected.

We have a characteristics at sales order, and based on sales order characteristic selection , system has to select the suitable inspection plan out of many alternate inspection plans using selection dependency type.

Inspection lot will be generated after the goods reciept, inspection specification should be selected automatically based on the dependency type assigned to inspection plan.

Would that be possible from QM stand point of view.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lo que deberias hacer es usar los contadores de hojas de ruta del plan de inspección pero en la utilización cambiar segun tu operación trata de usar el universal y la EM (como utilizacion)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why you need to select different insepection plans. If I remember correctly, you create a single plan and variant config to control the specs and req/non required charac.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to maintain two versions of inspection plans for the same material. So i want system to pick automatically based on variant selection using variant configuration. Please let me know if there is any way of satisfying above mentioned requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Quantum.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. I don't think there is.

If you can elaborate a bit more on why you need multiple plans for the same MTO product, maybe we can offer some suggestions.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply.

We have Generic Material which has many combinations to make that product. Let me explain about the combinations below.

Raw materials are blended together to become the finished product i.e for example Component A and Component B are blended together to become MTO material. When we generate Certificate out of SAP both components shoud show up on the certificate, which we maintained through ABAP Porgram.

Component A and Component B are received in against purhchase orders to generate an inspection lots automatically as per the Master data setup.

So combination of component changes all the time, it can be a combination to component C and Component D, Component A and Component C, Component B and Component D.

So this combination should be selected by usage of Variant configuration dependency types.

At the sales order level. when they selected Variants, based on Variants it should pick the inspection plans automatically.

Hope above is clear.

Feel free to let me know, if above is not clear.

Thanks,

Quantum.