cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ Error]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'configFolder'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am importing a track of ESS 603, MSS 600 and PCUI_GP 603 in NWDI using template build and I am getting the below error:

--cpid sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP_1 --dcvendor sap.com --dcname pcui_gp/isr/cfg --bvar default --trace ALL --root E:\usr\sap\NWP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\CBS\1\.B\25 --filepath E:\usr\sap\NWP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\CBS\1\.B\25 --logfile E:\usr\sap\NWP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\CBS\1\.B\25\DCs\sap.com\pcui_gp\isr\cfg\_comp\gen\default\logs\cbs-build.log --buildnumber 25 --buildprop JDK1.3.1_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64; --actwsisn 2

Aug 25, 2010 3:33:43 PM ...wd, String vfsdir, boolean localOnly) [ Debug]: root: E:\usr\sap\NWP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\CBS\1\.B\25, usr: <null>, pwd: *****, vfsdir: <null>, localOnly: true dontUseCBS: true

Aug 25, 2010 3:33:43 PM ...getDevelopmentConfigurationInstance() [ Debug]: rootFolder: E:\usr\sap\NWP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\CBS\1\.B\25, vfsRootFolder: <null>, isLocalOnlyMode: true, userName: <null>

Aug 25, 2010 3:33:43 PM ...tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController [ Error]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'configFolder' must be an existing folder.

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.Configuration._initConfigFolder(Configuration.java:281)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:182)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:45)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:37)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.ConfigUtils.getConfiguration(ConfigUtils.java:337)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:1588)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory._getDevelopmentConfigurationInstance(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:436)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.getDevelopmentConfigurationInstance(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:1906)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.getConfiguration(CBSBuildController.java:708)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.execCommand(CBSBuildController.java:515)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.evalCmdLine(CBSBuildController.java:452)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.run(CBSBuildController.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.exec(CBSBuildController.java:262)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.mainLoop(CBSBuildController.java:217)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.main(CBSBuildController.java:178)

Thank you.

Regards

Narsimha

Edited by: Narsimha Kantipudi on Aug 28, 2010 2:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Narsimha,

Error]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'configFolder' must be an existing folder. 

please proceed as per the note:

#1438770 -- All DC builds fail with an IllegalStateException

I also send you a link which guides you how to adjust the parameter BUILD_TOOL_VM_ARGS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Ervin

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Aug 31, 2010 2:23 PM

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please check if the dtr folder is included correctly in

the <IDE>\eclipse\vm.parameters this way?

-Dvfs.configfolder=<workspace of the given developer>\.dtr

Please, check if this entry exists and whether is a valid path.

Can you please check if you have this parameter entered in the shortcut

as per note 947581? If so, please, delete it from the shortcut and only

enter it in the vm.parameters file.

Thanks

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply, I found the note as stated by you but can you please guide me where to enter this parameter as per the note, is it in NWDS or NWDI? I also tried chaging the parameter at BUILD_TOOL_VM_ARGS. but is not working.

Regards

Narsimha

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the shortcut for NWDS, you need to

enter the following two parameters:

-data <required directory>\workspace

-vmargs -Dvfs.configfolder=<required directory>\.dtr

Thanks

Kenny