Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ON RWB - CC Monitoring - SOAP Channel. status says "inactive or unregister

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SOAP Webservices.

My Scenario is working fine ... But Some How on RWB - CC Monitoring - SOAP Channel. status says "inactive or unregistered".

On the otherside , my SOAP Scenario is working fine...

But why for that status " "inactive or unregistered"." , I dont Know?

Please Suggest, How to Deal with this ........?

I executed transaction code " se38 - > SRT_ADMIN_CHECK report "

It states me almost every thing unregistered/ inactive/ not configured except ICM Services ..

are these services shoud active and registered for SOAP Scenario?

how to activate them .............????????

That CC status " "inactive or unregistered" has anything to do with this SRT_ADMIN_CHECK report????

Regards

Prabhat Sharma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

There is an error in reporting the status of SOAP channels. This error has already been fixed by SAP and is available as a fix in higher releases (PI 7.10 and above, latest SPs) .

The status "inactive or never used" is shown in channel monitoring at the following two times:

1. After creating a new SOAP channel (sender/receiver) till this channel processes any new message.

2. After the PI system is restarted, all the SOAP channels show this status, though they are ready to handle any incoming/outgoing messages. The channels continue to display this status till they process any new message.

In both these situations, the SOAP Channel can handle/process messages successfully. So, kindly ignore this channel status ("inactive or never used") reporting error in channel monitoring. This will not at all hamper the normal functioning of the SOAP channels.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the problem which i recently faced and solved.

Cause: Saop related J2EE application are stoped or not set to default start as initial state.This is also a reason

for 503 service unavailable error while soap posting.

Solution : start the J2EE app , com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app & com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.lib set them as defualt started

as initial state.

Where : If you are in PI 7.1 , http:<host>:<port>/nwa->Operations Management -> Systems -> Start & Stop -> Java EE

Applications.

Refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/start_stop_applications for more help.

Also in Start button , there will be a dropdown where you can set the default initial state as started.Simply starting may

cause similar problem ( not registered ????????) again ,so better to set initial as started state.

Regards,

$rinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ Bruno Aniceto Araujo

In NWA - > Administartion -> Systems -> Server name - > Details -> Services - >

I found no service for com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.svc

Infact ..all other adapter services was there ..but not for soap ...

regards

Prabhat.

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In Adapter Independ channel log (RWB->communication channels), is there the Adapter type SOAP? How is the status for this type (SOAP)?

When you don't consume/use the service SOAP, its status is inative (yellow light). It is normal, but when you call this service, in communication channel log, its status have to be RUNNING (green light).

Bruno

Edited by: Bruno Aniceto Araújo on Aug 28, 2010 8:48 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

You may activate your CCs going to the Integration Builder, edit your CC and activate it.

Also, as mentioned, check for if the service is up and running.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ Caio Cagnani ........... In ID - CC isin active State .... but On RWB it is in inactive or unintialized state.

But the strange thing is SOAP Scenario on exceution also getting succesful

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally if you execute scenario once it will become active...if it not happening means it may be cache issue.

Regards,

Raj

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

Follow as suggested by Caio... In my project, i faced the same problem i.e., the SOAP Snd/Rcv Comm Channel will appear as inactive/unregistered on the cluster nodes in the CC Monitoring in RWB (Even though the Comm Channel is active in the ID part)

Just edit the config of the Comm Channel in ID and reactivate it. After reactivating the Comm Channel, stop & start the Comm Channel once, in the CC Monitoring in RWB. Your problem should be resolved

Br,

G@nesh

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Look in the NWA, the services com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app and com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.lib have to be with green light (started status).

If the service isn't started, you have to initiate it.

Regards.

Bruno Aniceto Araujo