Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Interface Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am working on the following szenarion:

- one sender and sender interface (incoming IDOC).

- one receiver with two different receiver interfaces (outgoing BAPIs). For one of these interfaces there exit two different interface and message mappings. So, 1 incoming interface => 3 outgoing with 2 different interfaces

So in the interface determination I want to rout the message by use of XPath expression to use one of the two interface (no problem at all), but also to choose one of two interface mappings for the same interface. If I try this by creating three lines in the interface determination and using different XPaths, the last entered interface always is deleted automatically.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrade to PI 7.11 it is possible to have the same inbound interface to the same receiver system with different operation mappings based on conditions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do what you want you may have to use both Receiver Determination and Interface Determination. XPath expressions can be used in both places.

In Receiver Determination, you will have 2 receiver services. Then, in one of the receiver services, you will have 2 Interface Determinations. So, you will end up with something like the following:

Receiver service1: interface1

Receiver service2: interface1, interface2

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, Bill.

The problem is, that I cannot set up a second receiver, because the receiver is a SAP system and I cannot create more than one business system for a distinct SAP client.

Regards,

Hans