cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language problem in sap ides ecc 6.0 sr3

0 Kudos

Dear SAPexperts!!

I have a problem with my sap ides and the languages...can anyone please help me?

I have installed it in a windows 2003 64-bits machine and it is an unicode system. I have applied support packages until SP 22 level (SP stack).

In smlt, i have installed all the support packages for the languages and then changed the parameter zcsa/installed_languages to "DES" in order to use the spanish language.

I18N configuration is fine.

The problem is that the system is not working fine with English, German and spanish language. For example, in the initial screen where you fill the gaps with client, user, pass and language, the "change password" button is not being showed. The button is there, very slim, but without text.

Another example, in most of the transactions, in the "menu bar" there are only being showed "system" and "help"...and nothing about the rest of the options.

The text of the buttons for example in se38 transaction are not being showed, the "execute" text (when i click on the execution button) is showed as "@15@". And the rest of the buttons with some codes like that.

In LSMW transaction, the buttons are very slim and without texts, like in the logon screen...

Which can be the problem with that??? If the problem is with spanish language i will try to supplement it again...but the problem is with english and German too which are the default and "complete translate" languages in the system...

Any idea??

thanks in advance and best regards,

Gonzalo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem might be with the SAP GUI. Can u please reinstall the SAPGUI and check again?

Regards,

Varadharajan M

0 Kudos

Hello Varadhu,

Many thanks. The problem is for everyone with differents sapgui versions...We have tested it with sap gui 720, sapgui 710... and the problem persists...

Many thanks,

Gonzalo.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have issues with your kernel... or your database load was incomplete.

try updating kernel... and check your installation logs for errors.

0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

I will try to update the kernel tonight. I will update you.

The installation was fine. It was working until we applied the Support packages...and i can not see any error on the logs...

Many thanks and best regards,

Gonzalo.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also try to install SP23.

when you added language Spanish, did you do do through SMLT? It is not enough to just change language in SAP profile.

0 Kudos

Yes, the proccess was:

Installed the system, applied SP, suplemented spanish language with english....

Many thanks,

Gonzalo.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you forgot to install spanish with SMLT. you will need the SP language DVD.

0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Sap Ides has 20 languages. I think you have only to add the "language key" (S for Spanish) to the "zcsa\instralled_languages" parameter.

Anyway, i have tried to apply the last Languages DVD available in Sap Marketplace for an ECC SR3 (Import for English and Spanish) and no luck...

Many thanks,

Gonzalo.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I hace update the kernel to 254 level with 268 dw package and no luck....

Any ideas??

Many thanks,

Gonzalo.

carlos_zhang3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hola Gonzalo ,

Which sapgui version you are using ?

Best Regards,

Carlos Zhang

0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

I have tried it with sapgui 7.10 sp18 and sapgui 720 sp01.

Many thanks,

Gonzalo.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally, i have uninstall my ides version and installed the ECC 6.0 Eh4....with that version, i do not have any kind of problem.

Thanks you all,

Gonzalo.