cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Description appears in UI as #MX_...._DN

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I set up a role in the Identity Centre Management console and define the description using the localized texts and set a description for the EN language, when I view that role in the IdM Management User Interface, it displays the technical display name #MX_..._DN instead of the english display name.

Is this a fault I need to raise with SAP or does someone know if there's a setting to control the resolving of the localized texts to the UI.

E.g ROLE:BUSINESS:STAFF is my role name (MSKEYVALUE), but the Display Name is localized with an EN description of 'Staff'. The Display Name value therefore in the role properties appears as #MX_ROLEBUSINESSSTAFF_DN. This is then what appears in the UI in stead of 'Staff'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It's an old post but I'm still seeing the same problem, did you come to a conclusion on this? I've tried the ?NoCache in the url, but not tried restarting the java application yet.

Thanks,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this is a caching problem.  I believe this is fixed in SP3.  What version are you guys running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We are running IdM 7.1 SP6, and we came to the conclusion today that the role display name is not a localised field for language and so just put the english name in to the display name attribute directly. What do you think?

Cheers,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

That will work, but if you're still tryinn to get the different language part to work, you might want to look at the following note -

Note 1664667 - Wrong Translations of Display Name of Web-enabled UI Tasks

Regards,

Chris

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I left the project we were still on SP5 and the work around was to hard-code the English Text rather than use the localized texts, however I appreciate this wouldn't work for multi-lingual installations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying, we came to the same conclusion

Cheers,

Ian

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Paul,

I have not used local text for roles, but I have used label attributes for tasks with a similar problem. I've found it takes a while for the local text to resolve (about 30 minutes), but if I stop and start the application in the J2EE Administrator Services-> Deploy->Applications it usually resolves it. We use 7.0 EHP1 version of the Portal for the UI.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

what you are describing is probably as Jared already mentioned a caching problem.

You can force a refresh of the cache by appending the parameter "?NoCache" to the URL. This should would in most cases.

Best reagards

Holger