cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replenishment for random bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I would like to verify the steps below that i am planning to use for random bin management in a storage type.

1. I am planning to use mvmt. type 319 and assign it to particular storage type in configuration,

2. I am using only the Minimum and replenishment quantity for the particular storage type without specifying any fixed bins in the material master.

3. planning to use t- code LP24 to carry out random bin replenishment.

4. also, i would like to what is the difference between "Transfer orders immediate for fixed bins and Transfer orders Immediate for random bins" in configuration under replenishment method for storage type.

pl. let me know if all these steps are correct and if i want to carry out any more additional steps.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The differnece in configuration is that in field V_T331M-REPLT you set "1" (immediate TO, fixed bin) or "2" (immediate TO, random).

In case of fixed bin:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/fd/90fbf4b3cd11d3b2ad0050045571f7/frameset.htm

1. Immediate TO Creation for Fixed Bins

With this replenishment strategy, the system checks the stock situation in the bin during transfer order confirmation. It uses the quant data and the material master data from the storage type view. A replenishment transfer order determines the fixed storage bin of the material in this storage type as the destination storage bin.

In case of random bin replenishment:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/fd/90fbf4b3cd11d3b2ad0050045571f7/frameset.htm

2. Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management

With this replenishment strategy, the system checks the stock situation of the material in the entire storage type during transfer order confirmation. All the quant data of the material in this storage type and the material master data from the storage type view are used by the system. If the entire stock in this storage type falls below the minimum quantity after transfer confirmation, the system creates a replenishment transfer order. The destination storage bin is determined through the putaway strategy for this storage type. Maintenance of a fixed storage bin is therefore not required in the storage type view of the material master.

So, as you can see, the differences are:

- stock situation --> system checks only the (destination) fixed bin (fixed bin) / system checks the (destination) storage type (random)

- destination bin --> fixed bin (fixed bin) / determined based on the putaway strategy of the storage type (random)

Answers (0)