Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel administrator role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer too, maybe its not possible...any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Presently users can claim car mileage through the Portal for themselves only. We want to create access for them to claim on behalf of other user (ie manager who is far too busy to enter their own). So far we can do this only by restricting cost centre in FI > F_TRAVL > KOSTL. But this leaves the system open as this way also gives the user access to all other staff in that cost centre.

So, does anyone know of or already implemented a more restricted method, such as linking to position rather than cost centre?

Many thanks.

Becky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using standard roles or Indirect role assignment, that is position based security?

if so we can achieve this.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using standard roles or Indirect role assignment, that is position based security?

if so we can achieve this.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for that, currently we are using standard roles but I am looking into how to implement indirect at the moment. So once I have done this how would this influence restricting the users access to the other persons position, I take it there would be an auth I could fill in somewhere?

Thanks

Becky

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer too, maybe its not possible...any help/advice would be much appreciated!

>

> Presently users can claim car mileage through the Portal for themselves only. We want to create access for them to claim on behalf of other user (ie manager who is far too busy to enter their own). So far we can do this only by restricting cost centre in FI > F_TRAVL > KOSTL. But this leaves the system open as this way also gives the user access to all other staff in that cost centre.

>

> So, does anyone know of or already implemented a more restricted method, such as linking to position rather than cost centre?

>

> Many thanks.

>

> Becky

Have you considered structural authorization? You can restrict somebody from only being able to create an expense on behalf of the employee's in his/her organizational structure.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

We're have just started looking into SA so I will suggest this, thank you.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi John,

> We're have just started looking into SA so I will suggest this, thank you.

SA should work, this is currently what we have in place for some travel mgmt users.