cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the comments and suppression on XBAR SPC Chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an XBAR SPC chart running in xMII 11.5, with the following (relevant, that I can surmise) property settings:

ChartType: XBAR

EnablePointSuppression: true

EnableComments: true

ShowCommentFlag: true

ChartName: SPC-XBAR

IDColumns: <x-axis column>,<y-axis column>

UpperAutoScale: true

UpperCalculateControlLimits: true

UpperShowControlLimits: true

UpperShowSpecificationLimits: true

UpperShowInnerLimits: true

When I suppress a point, the lines for control, specification, and inner limits all disappear. However, if I turn off automatic calculation of the control limits, the limit lines are visible with the suppressed point. I have established that automatic calculation of control limits is needed for correct calculation of statistics such as CPK, so turning it off is not a workable solution.

How do I make the lines for the various auto-calculated limits appear while having suppressed data points?

Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I don't think you can make the lines for the various auto-calculated limits appear while having suppressed data points. The 11.5 help on SPC states that "By selecting Toggle Point Suppression, the currently selected point will either be removed from the calculation, or added back in"...so if you suppress points, those points are excluded from the calculation which I would imagine also affect your limit lines.

Regards,

Kevin