cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSCRIPT TABS not responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys , i have created a tab with 13 columns. column 1-7 is aligning correctly according to my specifications, column 8-13

is misaligning and not responding to my specifications. i have tried editing my values in millimeters, still no luck. i have tried increasing the width of my window, stil nochange. i really need to solve this with yo help.

my window is 193 mm width

each tab has a diff of 12mm to the next.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are any of the texts placed at each of the tabs longer than 12mm?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

no they are not the most is 10mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to consider the length of the definition of the fields between that tabs, not just the populated length.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI my char length is 7 , so i suppose it might have an effect, but then how would you explain the first 7 aligning properly?

i have also tried declaring vars in the form and passing data into them instead of the table ref fields, stil no joy, i have tried condensing leading spaces &symbol (C)& stil nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SAPscript tabs can be a real pain to get working. The other things I would offer are to check the tab alignment and take a field out of the line in turn to see what the influence is.

Also, you're not very specific as to what exactly is happening, are fields disappearing, getting truncated, not aligning?

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nick, the fields are not aligning, i'm making a cheque which has preprinted layout so my numbers which are in words have to go into a specific layout of the check paper. The sample lay out is like below. the amounts are the ones which are mis aligning

after the 7th tab.

BILLION MILLIONS THOUSANDS

e.g ZERO | ZERO |ZERO |ZERO |ZERO |ZERO |ZERO | ZE|RO SEV|EN |ONE |EIG|HT