cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system name in the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending a file from non SAP system to XI, which is than converted to Idocs and goes to a SAP system. Sender File system is created in SLD and a logical system name is assigned to it. My requirement is to know that logical system name during mapping. Can anybody guide me to find this in the incoming message.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dehra,

Am not sure if this will help, but if you want, you can get the details like Sender Business System , sender Service etc in your mapping.

If this is what you want , take a look at this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm

Also, can you please elaborate on why you need to access this Logical Name from mapping? Just curious..!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My problem is solved by using function module "SAI_LOGICAL_SYSTEM_GET". As I am using ABAP mapping so it was very easy to use this function. Business system name is available in message header which is required for this function.

Logical system name of the source system (no-SAP) was required to go into header of the FI-GL document as this interface posts a FI-GL document.

Thanks, Dehra

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you check the control record in the incoming IDOC?

in the segment EDIDC40, you should find partner number and type information for sender and/or receiver:

RCVPRN and RCVPRT (LS for logical system) for receiver

SNDPRN and SNDPRT (LS for logical system) for sender

Hope this is of some help

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont mean to be rude here, but if you read my question, you will find that incoming message is a file not Idoc. The source system is a file based non-SAP system and a logical system name assigned to this source system. I am trying to catch this name at mapping stage.

Thanks, Dehra

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

I apologize for the little misunderstanding (if you ever use the other way around use the EDIDC40 segment).

The sender data attributes are available in the mapping API

for JAVA, the graphical mapping is in fact a Java mapping too:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/content.htm

Sorry and regards

Dirk