cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy using SAPINST

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we do system copy from one system on an existing system using SAPINST (Database independent method), Is it first necessary to delete the existing system, please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to keep the existing system unaltered, then u can go with MCOD installation or u can have the second database installed on the same machine without disturbing the first one. This will not affect the existing instance provided u have enough resources to handle both the instances.

If u don't want the existing intance and DB, the u can uninstall them before instaling the new instance using system copy method.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go thr below link for all related system copy doc

i hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Sreeni.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have read the guides available on it, but I was not able to get a clear understanding.

In system copy guide it says

If the target system already exists and you do not plan to perform an MCOD installation, delete the database on the target system before the import according to the corresponding description in the Additional Information section of the installation documentation for your SAP component.

If the database configuration of your database is stored in the file system, we recommend that you back these configuration files up before deleting the database.

I am little confused by it, does it mean delete complete system or database only

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the sapinst.exe, the main steps are:

1-. Make the export of the source system

2-. Make the import on the target system

3-. On the import, you have to include the D.B of the source system. I´ve done and attach/detach.

There are a guide in SMP.

My best regards!