cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter - Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I connect to Oracle Database using JDBC Adapter and the adapter is configured to poll every 300 secs.

The Oracle Database goes down over the week end for maintenance. By the time I come Monday morning the Adapters are down and I have to reactivate them from ID. I assumed that the Retry interval will take care of the issued.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

you need to make use of the attribute

<b>Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message</b> while configuring the communication channel. No doubt this will make the processing slow in case your message frequency is high but with your weekend situation of maintainance i guess there is no other option.

-- Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same issue with RFC adapter and we had changed the parameter:

'initialRfcClientConnectCheck' from 'true' to 'false'.

I am unable to find the same for JDBC though. Please can you check with JBC properties in Visual admin if it's of any help.

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Like mentioned by Amol, <b>Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message</b> will do the trick.

Every time your JDBC adapter receives a message for processing , it will connect to the database the details provided in the Adapter Configuration.

Normally, if you do not select this option, your JDBC adapter will connect to the Database once when it is getting activated and will use the same connection for further processing. But, if the Database resets this connection , there is no way the JDBC adapter isaware of this, and the next time a message is processed by it, it will get disconnected.

So, if this DB disconnection is going to happen frequently, you need to have the option Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message selected.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to let all of you know "Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message" property on JDBC adapter did not help.

Any other ideas welcome.

Regards

Mike

Answers (0)