cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSprint installation on Windows 2008 R2 Server 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

as we change our print server to Windows 2008 R2 Server 64-bit I need to install SAPSprint for SAP printing with connection type 'S' out of a NW7.0 based system on HP-UX.

Till now we used SAPlpd on a 32-bit Windows Server......

1) Do I simply need to install the xSPrint.exe or can this happen only in combination with the whole SAPGui?

2) According to note 66971 for Windows 2008 R2 Server 64-bit only SAPGui 7.20 is supported.

Does this mean that I also have to use SAPSprint release 7.20 or can I use any other release as well.

On our Windows clients we run SAPGui 7.10.

Is there any correlation between the SAPGui running on the clients and the SAPGui / SAPSprint release running on the print server or can I simply install the highest SAPSprint release 7.20 on the print server to be sure that it will work with WK8 R2 64-bit?

I hope I could explain my problem and I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Günter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Günter Aigner.

We have a SAPSprint 7.3 (32 bits) service on  W2008 server, but now no one printer is working.

The log of service has a message "finished with rc = 0", but the there isn't output in the printer.

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks,

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Günter.

Your question is spread over some different areas. Let me point out some tracks to follow:

There is only a 32-bit version of SAPSprint but that one works also under 64-bit; please refer to SAP note 894444.

Regarding SAPgui, in general it is recommended to have the last version as it is downwards-compatible with older versions.

But specially, let me highlight that Windows 2008 R2 is not yet listed in the PAM - and hence not yet supported. The technical prerequisites are met (with a special kernel patch) but not all software is released.

In fact, and just to provide you further details it is not possible to expect the 710 products released for Windows Server 2008 R2 before around four weeks; 700 products will be released even after 710.

See SAP note 1383873 ("Windows Server 2008 R2 Support").

You can be always up to date with the latest Windows news at:

--> Support of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jesus,

thanks for your reply.

Meanwihle we have installed and tested SAPSprint 720 on our W2K8 R2 64-bit printserver and it seems to be ok.

Only the printserver where SAPSprint is running is a W2K8 R2 64-bit machine but our SAP NW 7.0 based ERP system is still on HP-UX platform - so I guess there should not be any issues regarding W2K8 R2 support - isn't it so?

Best regards

Günter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Günther

Do you have a "installation guide" for that? Or what kind of functions did you enabled on the W2K8 R2 server?

Any help would be grat!!

Cheers

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

we installed the SPSprint service on our W2K8 R2 printserver where our network printers are installed.

SAP itself is running on a HP-UX platform so the W2K8 server is working only as printserver for SAP and any other applications in the network.

Installing the SAPSprint service is quite simple - have a look on the online documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/de/d9/4a920751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

All you need for the installation is the xSprint.exe that you can find on the service marketplace under service.sap.com/patches.

Best regards

Günter