cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help on Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to implement one search help (F4 on sap) on adobe forms. I just do this process

For standard value help in Adobe forms:

1) In layout chose UI element 'Value Help Drop-down List' from WebDynpro Native Controls of Library Palette.

2) In Object pallete ->Binding tab, update Default binding with corresponding field .

For ex: You have context like below

-NODE

-FIELD(type LAND1)

In Default binding, $record.NODE.FIELD

since LAND1 is a standard type, you will get all the values in value table T005 in the F4 help

3) Make sure the 'Type' of the field in Object pallete ->Field tab is drop-down list.

But i can't see any action on adobe. May the properties of the the attribute field on context are wrong.

Anyone can help please.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you didn´t change the script of the field, did you?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't edit any script event on the form, just add an value help from webdynpro native.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then search again, you´re supposed to change the script of the value help to tell the script the name of the field.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh you talking about the binding ?? Yes i do that the binding with the context pass into the interface of the adobe form

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you listen? Nothing about the binding. Open the script editor and check the script placed on the value help, change the fieldname there. If you would SEARCH, you would get tons of answers.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the code that the program create:

var processingValueHelp = ContainerFoundation_JS.getGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp");

if(processingValueHelp == false) {

ContainerFoundation_JS.setGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp", true);

this.rawValue = "";

this.clearItems();

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,

"valueHelp",

this.dataNode.somExpression.replace(/(xfa.?\.)(datasets.?\.)(data.*?\.)/, ""),

this.rawValue,

event.target.mouseX,

event.target.mouseY);

What is suppose to change ?

Thank you

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, explain why are you so stubborn not the search? You´d better read the rules of engagement.

I help because you´re new, but do not want to see it again!

check here:

especially 3. Select the Value Help, go the Script Editor give the name of the text field attribute name in var fieldName = "*INSERT_NAME_HERE*";

Otto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto has given sufficient information. Thread locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dude,

Try Using Valu Help from ISR Native Controls, I'm positive that you will see the script correctly.

In the previous thread - you said

1) In layout chose UI element 'Value Help Drop-down List' from WebDynpro Native Controls of Library Palette.

Instead of choosing from WebDynpro, Choose from ISR Native Controls of Library Palette.

Let us know if it works or not.

Nrupen.