cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image not showing in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This seems simple but I can't find the solution, maybe you can help?

When I add an image in Web Dynpro (NW EP 7.0) I don't see the image in NWDS, instead I get the small icon for a broken image.

If I deploy the application the image works fine.

I place the image in src/mimes/Components/<component name> and then I just type the filename in the image ui element.

This happened after upgrading from EP 6.40 to 7.01 (ehp1 sp5), is it a bug in my current version?

Same problem on all applications, and on two different PCs.

I'm grateful for any help!

regards,

Richard Linnander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bind the Source property to the image using the Browse button and select component image and set the image. It will work

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I don't think it applies to versions prior to 7.1.

I don't have a browse button, I can only select an attribute from the context or write the file name myself.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably it depends on the type of Image (JEG, PNG, GIF...) which is supported by NWDS. It should not be a problem anyways unless u don't get it on the portal as well.

But u mentioned that it was displaying when u run the application.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with gif, jpeg and png.

It's not a big issue since it works in runtime, but its annoying while developing since we use images for linkToActions rather than text, so the layout view is not very useful with a bunch of broken images.

I appreciate your help! I was hoping for an easy fix but maybe the problem is not as common as I thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the log file show any errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean the eclipse log under my workspace right (workspace\.metadata\.log)? I don't find anything interesting in it...