Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Display MSG (MS Outlook) from Documentum in SAP

luis_cardonaolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have linked SAP with Documentum to be able to retrieve documents stored in the content server. We made all the setting required in OAC0, OAC2, OAC3.

We set everything to attach objects of types PDF, DOC, XLS and MSG.

We can attach all the objects without problems and they are stored in the content server.

We display PDF, DOC, XLS in SAP without problmes but we cannot display MSG files. It´s like the extension .msg of the object is missing when we try to display in SAP. In the Documentum content server is stored ok whit its extension.

I would greatly appreciate your help if you can help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I understand that in 2016 I am asking solution on this post but did you find any answer to you query then?

Now I am facing the same issue, unable to open .MSG in document viewer.

Could you please share your thoughts!?

Thank you!

Tushar C.

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Tushar,

First please check KBA 1840170.

What exactly do you see when you open the MSG file?

What is the exact flow? Are you using GOS and Attachment list?

What is configured in OAG1 and in OAA3 (considering the OAC0 display protocol and the document type MSG and "*")?

If you check the same document in OAAD, what is the MIME-Type? (According to KBA 1739026)

BR,

Janos

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the OAD2 config (document class MSG) please check note #1840170.

(You have to store the wrongly, whithout MIME-Type stored documents again.)

For a troubleshooting please check note #1739026 too.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Unfortunately I am also facing the same issue while opening .MSG file.

So I tried to check note 1840170 as you mentioned but seems that its no more available.

I checked it on link http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1840170 with valid credentials but unable to open it.

Can you please tell me if another note is available for this?

Thank you!

Tushar C.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just checked OSS, and the note is still there. Aside from that, if I remember correctly, you'll also need to config your computer's registry as per below:

Run regedit.exe - go to HKEY_CLASSSES_ROOT - MIME - Database -Content Type - Add New Keyu 'application/vnd.ms-outlook -

Right Click on this new key - add String Value 'Extension' with data '.msg'.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bingo!

Perfect!!

It worked finally. So Ted, does that mean each and every user has to add this Reg Key at their local machines?

Cheers!!!

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe so. We had our desktop support group deploying this change to all users' computers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All right, Thank you!

You made my day!! I have been struggling for this from last 3 days!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I was going through this post and we are experiencing this same issue. I have come across one work around to alter the registry which allows the CRM application to view the emails from documentum. Has anyone got a final suggestion for this?

I was able to correct this by adding application/vnd.ms-outlook to my local registry, however we do not want to push this update to all 3000 users, any other suggestions?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We also had the same issue. It was working prior, and suddenly we can't view .msg file (in CMOD archived storage) in portal as it no longer recognize mime type for this. This must be a new patch from outlook last week. We ended up implementing config change suggested in note 1840170, and add this mime entry in local registry. As per IBM note http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21610741, it looks like there's no other choice but to do it.

We plan to push this entry to all users' computers soon. 

Regards.

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that I am referring to an old post. But I have exactly the same issue and wonder if anybody resolved this.

To add to this, the .msg file can be displayed in the Documentum client without any issue.

Thanks in advance

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis ,

I m facing the same issue with .msg type . Did you happen to resolve it ? if yes , then please share the solution .

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a lot of troubles on my PC. But one of the most unpleasant is problem with my MS Outlook. I can't solve it for many time. Fortunately I have a friend-programmer, who by accident advised me a tool, which solved my old troubles, it would be useful in other difficult propositions also - <a href="http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/convert_pst_files.html">pst convert</a>.

luis_cardonaolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I tried to see the document in SAP DMS ( t-code cv03n) but I didnot see any document.

Thanks and Regards.

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Can you give me the steps on how to retrieve from documentum?

Thanks,

Jo

luis_cardonaolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Kindly check the documentum is supporting ot not?

I saw the document in Documentum content server without any problem.

The MIME TYPE in Documentum is "application/vnd.ms-outlook" as in SAP SPRO.

whether this file is opening in SAP DMS .msg ?

Sorry for the question...but what transaction code is for SAP DMS?

SAP retrive the object, but without any extension, so Internet Explorer ask you if you want to save this document with no extension.

Thanks and Regards.

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Kindly check in SAP DMS t-code is cvo3n for displaying the documents and open this file .msg in it. If it doesn't open then you need to define the MIME type and siffix .msg for oulook messages in DC30 transaction which is for defining workstation application. Hope this wil help more.

Regards,

Ravindra

luis_cardonaolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Ravindra,

First of all, thanks a lot for your quickly answer.

I did what you said in DC30 but it didnot work.

I saw that in SPRO we have MIME TYPE for MSG as "application/vnd.ms-outlook".

I tried with this MIME TYPE in DC30 but it didnot work too.

¿What esle can I do?

Thanks and Regards.

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Kindly check the documentum is supporting ot not? whether this file is opening in SAP DMS .msg ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Kindly configure the workstation application for msoutlook type files in DC30. Define the application and suffix as .msg and MIME TYPE as" application/msoutlook". Now you can see the messages in dms for the type .msg.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra