cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML view

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create an HTML view in an iView that points to an HTML page that's stored as KM content using Visual Composer. Furthermore, I want to be able to access this HTML page without having to statically specify the full URL such that I can somehow dynamically determine the server portion of the URL(ie: using a system variable). I noticed that in the configuration of the HTML view that there is an addition called "portal:" which I was hoping would help accomplish what I want, but there is no documentation that I can find on that option and I haven't been able to get it to work w/ trial & error. Has anyone tried this or do you have an alternative?

Thanks,

Chad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chad,

Recently for a side project of mine I have been doing something similar. I have an area of the KM store that I want to use in order to display log files on the web. You can create a system variable as you stated and then reference that system variable in JAVA and wrap it in a web service which you then consume inside of VC. You can also create an entry in the Data Store and reference the URL there. The difference is if you had to change the variable in the data store you would then have to re-deploy your model in order to invoke the change.

I have been using the latter of the two solutions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Thanks for the info, either of those would be a workable solution, but both of them have drawbacks. Option one would require additional development objects(JAVA & Web Service) and option two would require re-deployment. I'm ultimately looking for a code-free, completely configurable method of implementing this. I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of integration that VC has w/ KM in this regard, given it's tight integration to both R/3 and BW.

Regards,

Chad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the portal option in html view can be used if you want to run portal component.

for example:

portal:PortalAnywhere.Go

will generate in runtime the url:

http://<server>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/PortalAnywhere.Go

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabi,

Thank you very much for the info. Do you happen to have a link to documentation that explains this a bit further?

Chad