Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ro Transport SLD and ID objects

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

What is the best way to transport SLD ,ID objects, I can export and import in SLD objects from Dev to Qual.

I have created one business System for my SAP ECC, The name of the Business System in BS_RD5_210, and Client is 210, and used this Business System in almost 40 interfaces as a sender and Receiver.

But in Quality Environment I have create one Business System name BS_RQ5_500 and Client is 500, and going to use 500 client to test my all interfaces in Qual.

I want to transport my Business System from Dev(BS_RD5_210) to Qual(BS_RQ5_500), how to maintain relationship between Dev and Qual because name and client are different.

And if I transport ID objects the name of the Business will be BS_RD5_210, how to change this to quality name.

PS: I donu2019t have basis team, First time I am handling transports, so looking for good inputs:

I am trying with File Transport and I know the process and I have transported ESR objects ,but not ID and SLD objects.

Many thanks Advance,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how to maintain relationship between Dev and Qual because name and client are different. And if I transport ID objects the name of the Business will be BS_RD5_210, how to change this to quality name.

You just have to maintain Transport Targets in SLD and it will automatically change the name of the business system in Q system. You can seach about using "Transport Targets" on SDN.

Regards,

Prateek

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your inputs,

do i need to create Transport Targets in both SLD's??

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only in the target SLD of Q system. You need to have D system related business systems in Q SLD too.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Shekar,

Not required. You need to create transport targets of your DEV system to transport to QA. If you would like to transport from QA to Prod, then you need to create the target for your Business system in QA to move to prod,

Follow the below proceedure to create the targets for the Business system.

1. Logon to SLD.

2. Select the Business system.

3. Now, you would get four different tabs below the screen i.e General, Integration,Transport,Installed Products.

4. Goto Transports, Select the target Business system of your Target system.

Thanks,

Hareen

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I gone through several docs in sdn, but I am not pretty sure what I understood correct or not, because transports sensitive process, so I want to make sure that everything goes fine.

I have created one TS and BS in Dev for my ECC, AND once software component and product for all my developments.

@Prateek: as per your inputs, I will create Transport Target, Business System (BS_RD5_210) in QA SLD, now I want to use 500 Client.

Transport Target QA will be for BS_RQ5_500 right?

@Supriya:

Are you sure I need to create Transport Target in Dev SLD?? If I transport Dev BS in QA SLD, I want to use BS_RQ5_500 business system name in ID.

I am really confused.. Put some light on this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Create both the systems in DEV SLD (for DEV[BS_RD5_210] & QA[BS_RQ5_500]), assign the QA[BS_RQ5_500] system in the Transport target of the DEV bsuisness system.

and then do the export & import in the QA SLD.

Thanks

Rinku Gangwani

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

you'll create all TS/BS in Dev PI SLD, for example DEV_ERP, QAS_ERP, PRD_ERP.

You should also have the 3 PI systems (PI DEV, PI QAS, PI PRD) in the PI Dev SLD.

Then you define 3 Business System Groups in SLD, "DEV", "QAS", "PRD" and add the 6 BS in these groups accordingly (2 in each). Make sure PI BSs are marked as "integrations server" and ERP BSs as "application system".

Then you set transport targets, i.e. ERP DEV to ERP QAS, ERP QAS to ERP PRD.

And then transport that from your DEV sld to the other PI SLDs. Then when you transport ID, the objects will be automatically renamed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ced18318d3424be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

BR,

Henrique.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You should also have the 3 PI systems (PI DEV, PI QAS, PI PRD) in the PI Dev SLD.

Henrique, could you please check and reconfirm this?

I believe that all the TS/BS should be present in the target SLD which would mean DEV_ERP, QAS_ERP should be present in QAS SLD and QAS_ERP, PRD_ERP should be present in PRD SLD.

Regards,

Prateek

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pinto,

Your inputs gave good idea,

Now I have created only One TS and BS (BS_RD5_210) in development, you mean to say I have to create Production and Quality Technical/Business systems in Development SLD too..??

Then I have to create Transport Targets Development?? Or I have to create Transport Targets Quality and Production too??

Regards,

Raj

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> You should also have the 3 PI systems (PI DEV, PI QAS, PI PRD) in the PI Dev SLD.

> Henrique, could you please check and reconfirm this?

> I believe that all the TS/BS should be present in the target SLD which would mean DEV_ERP, QAS_ERP should be present in QAS SLD and QAS_ERP, PRD_ERP should be present in PRD SLD.

>

> Regards,

> Prateek

That would be the cleanest way of doing it, yes.

Me, I've just always prefered to do it on a single system and just replicate all info to all other SLDs, it's just easier to keep everything in sync and working.

BR,

Henrique.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The approach you have suggested , worked perfectly....

many thanks for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the SLD Planning guide, section 3.2.1 :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a1a8fb-0527-2a10-f781-8b67eab1...

it suggests to maintain the transport targets ( DEV BS to QA BS) in QA SLD and ( DEV BS to PRD BS ) in PRD SLD.

BS stands for business systems.

What is the best approach?

Thanks!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain Transport Target in Dev SLD(Dev to Quality),the same way maintain Trasport Target in Quality (Quality->Prod).

this way i followed it is working fine.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj! SLD planning guide is suggesting the other way as I have outlined above. We generally move the stuff from DEV ( with DEV as domain controller) to PRD after the integration testing in the QA environment. So maintaining QA to PRD instead of DEV to PRD in PRD SLD is not making sense to me. Please exlain.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go with my approach, it will work perfectly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

neerajanand
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anybody knows how to transport deleted SLD objects?

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please follow the below steps:

1)Create all 3 systems in the SLD of Dev server, i.e, Dev BS, Quality BS & Production BS.

2)On the DEV BS, go to the transport tab page.

3)Add transport target as Quality BS & Production BS.

4)Save all the changes.

5)Now export all the 3 business systems to Quality.

In quality system's SLD, you will see the required configuration.

Also, once defined in DEV system SLD, you don't have to define transport targets in Quality & PRoduction system SLD.

-Supriya.

Edited by: Supriya Sawant on Aug 27, 2010 11:54 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi , Guys thanks for ytour inputs..

But it really confusing ,every one replay bit different compare to others,

Now i will start my own research to understand the concept...

thanks once again.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport target needs to be defined only in the Development system.

But in quality system, all the business systems related to Dev also needs to be transported.

-Supriya.