cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to bind to Configuration Object (WIS10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been battling with this error for a while and I was hoping someone can assist me fix this problem.

I have created a number of universes using the Universe designer but each time I create and try to run Web Intelligence Documents linked to those Universes or when I try to create reports in Crystal Reports using these Universes I get the message. below;

A database error occurred. The database error test is: (CS) "Unable to bind to configuration object" (WIS10901)

I have checked all my connections for the Universes and the BI server; they seem to work ok. I can actually run reports created with the Desktop Intelligence Module but it does not work with Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence documents.

I shall be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction.

Albert.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I met this problem using 4.1 SP2

It still exists.

former_member190903
Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you have the same Data Source Name (DSN) and drivers on your PC that the universe needs. I see this error with SQL Server, Netezza, Access, and other databases. For Rich Client, it may help to launch it from Infoview/BI LaunchPad rather than from the PC's Start menu, so it uses the Server's ODBC DSN. The opposite is true as well. You may have the DSN on your PC and can create the Universe, but forget to put the DSN on the Servers (all servers with a conection server running). For BI 4.x, you must have both the 32 bit and 64 bit DSNs. WebI reports run on the server use the 64 bit DSN. You'll find it uses the Windows/sysWOW64 folder, just run odbcad32.exe to configure them, because they don't show up in Control Panel-Administration-ODBC. Other issues may be related to security on the connection objects which must have Data Access rights for the user. Also, for Oracle, be sure the TNSNAMES file is up to date and has your DB server details.

csk901
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have also faced this issue with BI 4.1 SP2 Webi Rich Client, it was due to the missing security right on universe connection. From BI 4.0 SP4 onwards SAP added a new security right for universe connections i.e. under System --> Relational Connection --> Download connection locally. This is set to "Not Specified" by default. Granting this access will resolve the problem.

I found the solution for this problem in SAP Note 1867100. In that they have mentioned this is only a problem with unx. That is true wrt to BI Launchpad, but not with Webi Rich Client.

Regards,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This worked for us even with Windows server 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this resolved? I have a similar problem. But it is client machine specific. The error "CS: Unable to bind to Configuration object" only shows up for some clients. We are just trying to connect to a database connection when creating a universe.

Admin has defined a connection on a server to connect to a Teradata database. I was supposed to use this connection. But when I test the connection, I got

The server is not responding! (SBO0001)

CS: Unable to bind to Configuration object

But this error only happens on some client machines.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos

Hi,

which BOE/EDGE/CRS version do you have with which FixPack / Service Pack. On which OS are you ? Which Version is your SAP BW ?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Business Objects XI 3..

I am running Crystal and Universe designer on the Windows 7. The Business Object server is installed on a Linux box.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to upgrade to SP3 on your client and server side. Windows 7 is not supported prior to that.

That's the first step.

Second step - what is the exact workflow that is failing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been struggling to find the service pack 3 for business Object on the SAP website. Does anyone have a straight link to where I can down load this from?