cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any inbuilt spell check functionality available in MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is any inbuilt spell check functionality available in MII?

Requirement is, i have a text box in one of my pages and there is a text area, the contents on which i want to perform it. The text area is dynamic and takes input from user. The spell check should provide him/her suggesions and method for correction of spell mistakes.

If not all the functionality, even if some part is there in MII please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

As per my understanding, MII does not provide any inbuilt spell check functionality.

As far as your requirement is concerned, you can write Javascript code for spell check. OR Use Javascript Spell Check module.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ashu, there is no spell check functionality in MII for your scenario.

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashu,

As per my knowledge i don't think there is any MII built in spell checker.

But since you are dealing with html content like Text area you can download a Open Source Javascript Spell checker from Sourceforge website and use it in your Javascript code by including the js file.

check out this link to download the SpellCheck. js from Sourceforge website and how to use it.

[Spell checker|http://spellerpages.sourceforge.net/]

Please note after downloading the files you need to make some minor tweaks especially with file paths

Give it a Try!!

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh