cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing programs from windows using mac java abap editor on 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While using the abap editor on Mac on 4.6c, lines in windows abap editor for example like this,

*======================================================================

which is occupying the maximum column of the whole editor becomes broken on the mac gui like this

*=====================================================================

=

It looks like that the column count on the windows gui and the java gui is different. Is there a work around for this as it is very time consuming to fix and irritating.

I also can't find the short cut key in mac for commenting lines like in windows CONTROL + COMMA. I have to click the menu bar and select comment block. Much appreciated if you could teach me on how to this in the mac environment.

One more question. When using a program that has an option to upload a file, I can't use the drop down to select the file and simply typing the address of the file like /HOME/USER/DESKTOP/FILE.TXT doesn't work either. But when used in ecc 6 I had no problems. I can't also just drag the file to the file upload box as it doesn't work also.

Thanks,

Conrad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Conrad,

when finding issues which look like a bug, handling would be easier and more reliable when creating a

[support message|https://service.sap.com/message] and in case of SAP GUI for Java, put it on component BC-FES-JAV.

We are currently looking into the weird wrapping of ABAP Editor, which btw. only happens in 4.6C.

We do not understand, where to find ctrl comma. We only see ctrl < and > for (un)commenting.

For getting back the file chooser for file transfers in older systems, please refer to [note 1444941|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1444941].

We are taking your comment regarding using Drag&Drop in file chooser as a feature request. You might see this in a future version of SAP GUI for Java.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your reply.

For commenting and un commenting issue, I have found a similar thread to better explain this problem.

Please refer to

Control + < ; Control + > doesn't work nor Command + < Command + >.

Command + < is mapped to SAP Preferences.

I can't find where to post BC-FES-JAV. It's not under my request a product error. the category only shows my clients and their installations.

Is there a general menu where I can file a support message that's not under my company?

Thanks,

Conrad

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Conrad,

what language and keyboard layout you are using? Maybe there is some dependency.

We recently made some changes because of the other thread you were referencing.

If I have a support message, I might be able to provide a version for verifying the (un)commenting issue.

I would expect that first an installation needs to be chosen, later you can enter the component (maybe it is called application).

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Language is in English. And keyboard layout is the U.S. keyboard layout.

When you right click the screen. It says Control< for comment and Control> for Uncomment.

I've already tried this several times and it doesn't work.

Regards,

Conrad

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Conrad,

thanks for the additional info, I have been confused by your comment regarding the shortcut for Preferences.

The next revision of SAP GUI for Java 7.20 will address the issue regarding (un)commenting with Cmd < and > on Mac and Ctrl < and > elsewhere.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I'm using

SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 1

2015-02-16 06:00:38 +0100

ldm049, 740_REL, 1557612

(Version ID A074000040100)

This is on a Macbook Pro, Yoesemite Version 10.10.2.

The keyboard shortcut for code commenting [ Command < ] still does not work. Although right clicking and choosing comment menu works.

Cheers,

DV