cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the side navigation resize of the portal at dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the side nevigation of the portal (Where the favorites are) there is an option to expand and reduce the space of this area using the little triangles. Is it possible to take this feature and use it at the Wen dynpro applications I am writing so if the user would like to play with the area that a view is capturing he will be able to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Something like this is possible.

1. Create matrix layout with 2 columns -- one for navigation, other for content

2. Set width of content to 100%, left width setting for navigation pane empty.

3. Place transparent container to navigation pane, create row layout here.

4. In bottom row place any container (Group or Transparent container or whatever), bind it visibility to context attribute of type visibility. Set width of this container to some fixed value or use TextView, Link2Action with wrap=false inside.

5. In upper row place Link2Action control with small image.

6. Handle onAction event of Link2ction. Toggle "visibility" context attribute and change image source of Link2Action (also via context attribute) to reflect state.

7. Place anything you need in content area.

Now you must observe same behavior as with portal navigation pane. This is almost the same way as CAF Page pattern is implemented.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

If I understand your solution correctly (I havan't implemented it yet) and correct me if I'm wrong but it will only allow me to to show and hide the navigation area, I would like to scroll it as well.

Yoav,

Thank you for the advice. Have you implemented sauch thing or it's just a theoretical idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Do you need separate scrolling for navigation area? Something like pair of FRAME-s in HTML with separate scrolling? If so, then my solution does not handle this.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Yes, this is what I need, exactly as it is at the side navigation of the portal itself.

In HTML/Javascripty it's an easy task yet Dynpro doesn't allow that. Yoav's idea is something I would like to investigate I just want to know if someone actually tried that before...

Roy

Message was edited by: Roy Cohen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Well, it's hardly possible with WD. There are should be at least 3 nested containers with settings for 100% height, and from my own experience this renders badly to HTML.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

And do you think Yoav's idea is practical?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

If I understand Yoav correctly, he proposes to create 2 separate WD applications, that is placed as 2 portals iViews, and then communicate with each other via portal eventing. If this is what he really said, then this should work.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

It's purely a theoretical idea, and there are "black holes" to complete, so I think Valery's suggestion is a better direction.

Good Luck,

Yoav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

These operations on the navigation panel are implemented as javascript functions.

You can see it using view source.

Another way is to look in the Framework Page par (com.sap.layouts.framework.par), in the file WAandNavPanel.js.

As you know, Web-Dynpro doesn't allow javascript.

BUT, It does allow communication with portal component iViews (which allows javascript) via EPCF.

The solution would be to put a portal component iView in the same page (height 0 or 1), which will execute the needed javascript functions upon receiving an EPCF event from the WD iView.

Hope that helps,

Yoav.