cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Goods Receipt with ASN number in ECC with Message type: MBGMCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Basic Idoc Type :MBGMCR02 to Post Auto Goods Receipt in ECC.

This happens when external system ( 3rd Party System) sends this message which in turn posts the GR in ECC.

Thru Goods Movement BAPI

My Question is CAN WE POST auto goods receipt thru MBGMCR02 with Inbound delivery as reference document - Instead use ASN ( Advanced shipping notification ) which is Reference document in inbound delivery to Post Goods receipt in ECC.

This is required for our integration peice with 3rd party system.

And also pl let me if we can use Basic types MBGMCR01 or MBGMCR03 to post auto goods receipt in ECC with reference to PO which has confirmation control key set and instead of passing inbound delivery number can we pass ASN number which is external delivery ( Reference ) number and post goods receipt successfully in ECC.

Would appreciate your immediate help in this regard.

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

This query is related to SRM, Please post in SRM forum. You may also try posting the same in EWM forum.

I havent seen using the above idoc in SNC. I may not be aware completely.

With my knowledge i can give these following inputs

IDOC MBGMCR we configure in the distribution model from sending system to receiving system

Basic Type MBGMCR01 is valid and active from release 45A

Basic Type MBGMCR02 is valid and active from release 46A

Segment E1BP2017_GM_ITEM_CREATE1 is added

Basic Type MBGMCR03 is valid and active from release 700

Segment /SPE/E1BP2017_GM_REF_EWM AND /SPE/E1BP2017_SERVICEPART_D are added

As far as using idoc for posting GR against PO is used in Standard SSP(self service procurement)

and using idoc/xml for posting GR against inbounddelivery/ASN/External id is used in MM-SUS scenario

Best Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar Pedapati on Aug 27, 2010 9:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vinod.

We are using MBGMCR02 to post Auto GR by using BAPI - Inbound into ECC.

We have a 3PL scenario where third Party system will push this message to us ( ECC) which in turn post Auto Goods receipt.

Here is the process:

Systems involved : SNC / ECC / 3rd Party

ASN gets published in SNC which in turn posts inbound delivery in ECC and a copy of Inbound delivery with SNC ASN number is sent to third party system.

Third party system is the Carrier ( shipper) they in turn send us the shipment confirmation when they send the goods.

When they send it to our ECC we have MBGMCR02 to post Auto GR in ECC thru BAPI calling MB_GOODS_MOVEMENT

This will post the GR with respect to inbound delivery- That works fine..

Now we are testing an scenario where instead of sendindg ASN to 3rd part system from ECC after Inbound delivery is created.

We want to send the ASN information ( Which will have PO number as well ) without ECC 's inbound delivery number directly to 3rd party system after ASN gets published in SNC thru PI - This is before inbound delivery is created in ECC.

And the requirement is when 3rd Party system sends the shipment confirmation to ECC - They will send ASN ( SNC ASN) and ECC PO number with quantity , vendor , movement type :101 , movement indicator etc - CAN in ECC when you send these information without inbound delivery posts Auto Goods receipt.

Based on SNC ASN which is external delivery number in ECC as per PO / Reference number in Inbound delivery document.

Can MBGMCR01/ 02 / 03 posts GR in ECC with these information ( Mean without the ECC inbound delivery number )

Which will allow us to avoid the step of sending ASN information along with inbound delivery to 3rd party system after inbound delivery is created - Instead will send directly from SNC / PI / 3rd party

Point to be noted is - These are SNC PO's which will always have confirmation control key.

When 3rd part send the shipemnt confirmation with SNC ASN number and PO number while posting Idoc in ECC any of MBGMCR idoc types should check / search for inbound delivery associated and post the GR in ECC

Can you pl let me know your thoughts pl

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

As far as confirmation control key is considered, you can make it optional

ERP-SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Confirmations-Setup Confirmation control

Maintain only confirmation aknowledgement -AB

Create inbound delivery-unchecked

Or you can make the settings on SNC side

SNC-SPRO-SNC-Purchase Order-Make General Settings for PO-Set Confirmation control

Coming to Goods movement type 101

There are transaction type/event type associated with it Goods receipt for a purchase order-WE

Now The movement type has important control functions in Inventory Management.

ERP-SPRO-Material Mgmt-Inventory Mgmt and Physical Inventory -Settings for Enjoy Transactions-Settings for Goods Movement-Seetting for Transactions & Reference Documetns

Select MIGO_GR transaction , select trasaction/event A01 Goods Reciept and then select Reference documents from the left tab

Make sure you maintain no entry for inbound delivery or deactivate, Now try posting the Idoc MBGMCR

Please let me know if this works

Best Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar Pedapati on Aug 30, 2010 8:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Vinod.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Vinod,

I have a similar problem like creating GR with respect to Inbound ASN, could you please help me on this.. can you provide ur personal email id.... so that i can send you in detail.

Thanks in advance.

R Kumar

Answers (0)