cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send E-Mail From Message after Service Desk u201CSAPu201D Status Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured our Service Desk system according the guide provided by SAP

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001903822008E. This configuration works great for generating/sending emails when message u201CUser Statusu201D changes, but not when the SAP Status changes?

Does anyone know how to configure a condition/action to see and trigger an email when SAP returns a message to u201CCustomer Actionu201D. I am not getting an email when SAP sends messages back in Customer Action or Proposed Solutoin?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you may want to refer to our expert blog for such functionality, however please be advised that the example given

is just from New -> In process, you need to customise this further on your own for other status change.

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SH,

Thank you for your reply. I had initially followed the expert blog you suggested and it ended with the same result. I can get an email sent every time the "user_status" is changed buy not when SAP changes the "SAP Message Status". We are primarily using our Solman Service Desk to create messages that are forwarded to SAP as an SAP OSS message. There are two different Statuses, one is the user_status (seen in the Overview Tab), and the other is the sap message status (Seen in the SAP Tab).

The issue comes when SAP sends the message back to us in "Customer Action" it does not change the User_status to "Customer Action" as well (User Status stays in "Sent to SAP"). Since all the rules and actions set up from the expert blog and SAP guide only look at "User_Statusu201D, we are not getting alerted when SAP replies to our messages. Did I miss something to tie those to actions together, or is there a way to create an email when the "SAP Message Status" changes not "USER_STATUS"?

fernando_rocha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

When SAP replies the message back, the user status should be changed to 'In Process' again.

Please, check if RNOTIFUPDATE01 job is updating the user status correctly.

Also, if you want to send the e-mail just when the user staus is changed from "Sent to SAP" to "In Process", please check the following note:

1275036 "Linking action execution and status change"

BR

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SH,

First of all, Thank you for explanation on this process. I have proven that the message does indeed change to "In Process" again when SAP replies.

Is there a way to keep the SAP Status and the Service Desk User Status in sync.?So When the message comes back from SAP and the SAP status is in u201CCustomer Actionu201D, the User Status would also show u201CCustomer Actionu201D not "in Process" again?

I also checked the Job RNOTIFUPDATE01and there were no errors or warning in the system logs or application logs for that job.