cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer material from Storage location to Storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the time of usage decision we are posting the stock in "To Reserve stock" for that we have created seperate storage location ie for Sample material.

we having two samples one is customer sample and other is in house sample both the samples we are posting in same storage location.

Client want to differentiate these two samples, so we have created two storage types.

Now My question is " can we transfer the samples in different storage types from Storage location.

This is the QM and WM integration.

Please advice

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

I don't think you can transfer from storage location to storage type.

If your purpose is to differentiate these two samples, then why not use different Sample types with different number ranges and thus identify them. You don't have to get into QM-WM integration just for that.

If you want you may also set up 2 different physical sample locations: That would be ideal.

SPRO/IMG/Quality Management/Quality Inspection/Sample Management/Define Physical-Sample Types

SPRO/IMG/Quality Management/Quality Inspection/Sample Management/Define Number Range

SPRO/IMG/Quality Management/Quality Inspection/Sample Management/Define Physical-Sample Locations

On the application side you may use the sample management procedures to deal with samples. See the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b8/b9b3341a933f50e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Does that work? Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use tcode MIGO and use movement type 311 to transfer stock from storage location to storage location.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to transfer material from storage location to storage location.

I want to transfer material from "STORAGE LOCATION to STORAGE TYPE."

this is the Warehouse management storage type.

Thanks.

Anil