cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Complete, but delete job not scheduled. Issue with Archives now

Former Member
0 Kudos

As someone tried at work to schedule archive/delete process, we are finding issues now.

We have job scheduled for Archive but not delete. The job is archiving the messages, Meanwhile because of the growing disk space, folks deleted the archive files.

Now Archive is Complete, but with out Deletion.

So how do we start from scratch again

Also if I understood correctly after deleting the infostructure the session goes into error/red light since we can no longer build the related data from the archives due to the missing infostructures right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friend of XI,

the solution is to simply run archiving again.

Archiving in XI/PI is designed to restart from scratch in case the previous archiving session did not complete successfully. As the messages still reside in the database the very next archiving session will handle them like the previous session did.

Regarding the filling process of the infostructure: you are correct, filling is done during the delete phase; as the archive files of the previous session have been deleted meanwhile the deletion phase of that session cannot be executed any longer. Thus, filling the infostructure for that session is impossible.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my issue.

There are several Archives has been deleted from the last couple of years. When i goto SARA / Archive Management, i can't delete the entries from the management. Can't use this report RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES because it asks for selection. Or can't schedule either, because the job fails being no physical file available

Second Issue, if you re-run the Archive, the field ITFACTION of SXMSPMAST table is set to ARCH. How do you revert this this field. Because as you suggested, if i re-run the Archive/ it's not going to select the existing record, which has been flagged as ARCH already.

Thanks for the help

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friend of XI,

I fully understand the issue; sure you cannot use RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES as the archive files have been deleted.

Tha paradigma of archving is that once the write phase is complete the deletion phse must complete at any rate. As this is impossible for the deleted archive files there is no way in the standard to erase the incomplete archive runs from management overview in SARA. In case you would like to clear the entries in SARA please open an OSS message such that SAP can take a look into the affected system and evaluate an individual solution for you.

irrespective of whether you clear the management entries in SARA you can simply run another archive session. Please note that the interfaces action (field ITFACTION) reflects the action to be taken for an indivirual message. It does not depict a state, in particular it does not mean that the message has been archived already. The interface action is determined right when the mesage enters the Integration Server. Contrary, the information on whether the message has been archived alteady (or still needs to) is stored in a different statuis field.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the archive jobs ran successfully and i ran the report and deleted those manually

But in the same Archive Management, you can set Archived Sessions Marked for Deletion. You just open one of the bad session that ran previously and Click on Edit, Then select the option To Be Archived & Invalid Session, which will move those bad sessions into Deletion area, where it won't interrupt the regular jobs.

Jobs are running smooth and we got rid of the data in D & Q. I might work on Prod soon and will let you know the feedback.

Appreciated your help