Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP mobile + Java Me + Jco

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I wanted to play a little with mobile development, especially Java ME and Java connector, but I didn´t find any way how to glue these things together. Example: I am not able to use jco.jar as a library like I am allowed to in Java SE. Does anybody have any idea why I can´t do this?

Feels like I am not supposed to use Jco for Java ME connection to the SAP system, but I think it would be just great to be able to do this... Can anybody suggest any other ways? I am sure I could read a lot about it, but there are so many resources that a personal recommendation would help a lot:))

cheers Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to the NW Mobile forum.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Julius, but I didn´t post the question here on purpose. I believe these people get money for their development, for me this mobile thing is just a free time hobby:))

Former Member
0 Kudos

> for me this mobile thing is just a free time hobby

Would you prefer that I move it to the Test and Playground forum for the weekend?

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one should start with some mobile tutorials first, before trying to combine mobile with SAP. Or switch to Sybase SUP:))

Thank you, Otto

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Provide your BAPIs as WebServices for SOA Manager and create a JSP in your WebAS server (or other) making calls to these Web Services.

If you choose to create JSPs in WebAS you can consume the BAPIs directly (without the need to publish them as WS).

regards,

Angelo

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo,

I understand how to work with Jco, how to connect to the SAP system, how to do the JSP. I have tried all these.

But I could use some explanation: Jco is not meant to work on the cell, is that right? And the Jco authors arenot going to add this part...? Dou you have any information regarding this course of development?

About the mobile: I am trying to use a customer webservice calling the BAPi right now. I could use some details about the webservices, is there any "tutorial", "howto", wiki or any other source you could recommend?

I am using NetBeans for Java dev, I have a Java ME project and the development runs on a simulator. The machines where the simulator and the program runs is in the VPN network. Is that enough to consume the webservice?

Will it work the same way when I replace this "infrastructure" with Nokia VPN (cell) and a real device? Or I will have to do some more changes?

I am sure these questions are very basic, but I didn´t get into the topic yet.Sorry for that.

Cheers Otto

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Firstly, nice hobby.

To my knowledge, SAP Java Connector does not works with Nokia OS... and I see no need to be "fighting" with this limitation! Just surrounds it ... invoking Web Services.

As a matter of using a VPN, is normal and correct ... you should check with your Basis team and infrastructure to undertake the necessary settings in the Firewall and WebAS, and maybe the DMZ.

Already the publication of a BAPI as Web Service is easy ... troubleshootings are complicated. I think you need to involve a developer ABAP and Basis team for this task.

Another possibility ... is to create a WebService in SAP Web AS using JCO to consuming the BAPIs. I believe that in this case a good search in the SDN can result in good articles.

Sorry I can not help you better ... Ineed to make money with it! (not a weekend hobby for me) laughs

Best regards,

Angelo

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again,

the only problem is I am the Java dev, the ABAP dev, the basis team.... my company does not care about my hobbies, so I try to manage to do this alone. If I could get some help, I would ask them to install DOE for me...

So any examples/ links/ howtos would help me to complete the game alone.

Thanks for your time and effort,

regards Otto