Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Cross object lock-error /warning

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have confgured CSOL in Sol Man ChaRM. The CSOL is working fine. I have set the conflict scenario as "Cross-Project, Client Specific" in /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_SERVICES. And i have activated the project lock in the all the satellite systems (DEV, QA & PRD) in "TMW_CONTROL_PROJECT_LOCK".

When have stored the change in th first transport request & released to QA. I am trying to change the same object & trying to store in the second transport request. At that time i am getting the ERROR message that, the selected object been already locked by another transport request. So i could not store the second change in the second transport request.

My requirement is: Instead of having ERROR message, can i have the WARNING message, so that i can ignore warning message & store the change in the second transport request?

Request for your valuable input on this

Thanks Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use

Cross Project Cross client

setting and let me knw if it solves ur probm

Regards

Prakhar

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Yes. It is working now but request for some more input from you. In which scenario, Overlapping conflict scenario will be used?

How the conflict scenario "Cross-Project, Cross-Client, Overlapping" will work?

Thanks

Kumar

Edited by: psk.psg on Aug 27, 2010 6:07 PM

Edited by: psk.psg on Aug 27, 2010 6:12 PM

Edited by: psk.psg on Aug 27, 2010 6:14 PM

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I have changed the conflict analysis setting to 'Cross Project, Cross Client" as you said. It is working fine now. I request for some more information from you. I have changed the configuration settings in DEV and stored the changes in the transport request A & imported to quality. For the same IMG object, i have made some other configuration settings & saved the changes in transport request B and the transport request B also moved to quality. Now i am trying to move the transport request B to production instead of transport request A. At that time i am looking for warning message to pop-up indicating transport request A is pending in quality.

Request for your input to achieve this.

Thanks

Kumar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the link,

this is in Dev system only

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/43/7227481a856fcae10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Moreover there is no check for Q System.For critical exports too you can refer above it will give you one more step i.e approval of critical objects

but there is no export check for quality sytem to production system export

hope it clarifies your doubt

Regards

Prakhar

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Can you explain me in more detail about critical object export? What is crirical object export and how it can be used?

What you mean by "there is no export check for quality sytem to production system export"?

Thanks

Kumar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

All objects can't be critical so if you have some critical objects so you can define critical objects and can check here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/58/c7934237a50b31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

for critical objects

export is not possible from dev to q and needs approval before moving the changes

same way the approval from q to p is not there thats what i have mentioned.

Hope your doubt is clarified

Regards

Prakhar

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Can you please explain me about the critical objects more in detail? What do you mean by critical object? How to define define critical objects?

What you mean by "the approval from q to p is not there "? i am not looking for approval from q to p.

My requirement is:

In Q, if two transports request available (ie.ready to import to P) for the same object, if i try to import the second transport request to production first instead of first transport request, warning message should appear.

note: First transport request released first in DEV. The second transport request released second from DEV.

Hope you got my query

Kumar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the link which i have given earlier about critical objects

My requirement is:

In Q, if two transports request available (ie.ready to import to P) for the same object, if i try to import the second transport request to production first instead of first transport request, warning message should appear.

note: First transport request released first in DEV. The second transport request released second from DEV.

thats what i said if you save the object you wil get a pop in dev system for the same but when you import there is nothing like that.NO MESSAGE WILL COME AT IMPORT TIME.

more over if you define that object say a REPORT of SE38 as a critical object then you need approval for releasing the same

BUT again once it is released you won't get any further approval or message.

Hope ur doubt clarified.

Regards

Prakhar

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the input.

The link says " In the Schedule Manager, execute the header method Display and Approval of Critical Transport Objects. (You can also execute this method as an action in the corresponding Change Transaction.)".

In the above statement, What is the t.code to execute Schedule Manager to execute the header method?

Where to define critical objects? Is it in /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF?

Regards

Kumar

Answers (0)