Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy from scm7 system to ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am having SCM7 test system with netweaver 7.01,oracle 10.2.0.4 and AIX 5.3

and also ECC6 with netweaver 7.01 system ,oracle 10.2.0.4 and AIX 5.3( i am having the offline backup of ecc6)

I dont want to scm7 test system and make it as a ecc6 test system without installing ecc6

steps:

1. ecc6 datafiles (from backup) to restore the scm test system.

2. ecc6 kernel files (copy) and restore to the scm test system.

is it possible to do the same?

Regards,

Subramaniam.N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u r planning to copy the entire system (DB as well as SAP kernel), there should not be any problem.

Are these two intances(ECC and SCM) on the same host ? If no, u should consider changing the hostname of the SAP instance also as per the [SAP Note 8307 - Changing host name on R/3 host: What do you do?|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=8307].

You also should take care of the SID changes as u cannot have two similar SID on the same landscape.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varadharajan,

Thanks for immediate response.

your question :Are these two intances(ECC and SCM) on the same host ?

ans: NO. two instances are isolated only, not the same host.

you are meant that normal sid change procedure after system copy (different sid). is it correct?

i knew the procdeure -post system copy method( sid change control file regenration through alter database backup control file command in source systemcontrol file sid changes).

i am asking after restore of datafiles + kernel files from ecc system to scm system, is scm system made as ecc system?

whether my understand is correct?

Regards,

Subramaniam.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not done it myself but I think it should work after you have taken care of following steps:

1) Need new filesystem structure for /usr/sap/<SID> and /sapmnt/<SID>( If you are changing the SID)

2) Need <sdi>adm user ( If you are changing the SID)

3) Profiles needs to be changed under /sapmnt/<SID> to

4) Softlinks need to be created under /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS

5) Update the /etc/services file

6) Need to get new license Key

I think these are some of the steps that I can think of, I am sure there might be more.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

thanks for all.

i will try

Regards,

Subramaniam.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it just the backup restore then you would need to change everything pointing to the new host and new sid.After that SID change should do the trick.Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand your question...

you want to convert your SCM7 system as an ECC6 by refreshing the SCM7 system with ECC6 data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, he is trying to use SCM host to run ECC system by doing database copyback rather then trying to install ECC from scratch.

Thanks,

Naveed

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, I see,

then, homogeneous system copy is the only supported way to go.

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy