cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate custom Iphone or BB App with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a few questions on integrating a custom Iphone app to SAP.

- How difficult is to create a sales order in SAP using web services which an Iphone app can call?

- Can we have the Iphone app call SAP and get product or customer information from SAP? Can we use web services for the same?

- Would the Iphone app have to use NW Mobile to communicate with SAP or can it be done without it?

The above questions also apply for a BB.

Thanks

AS

Edited by: Ashish Saxena on Aug 26, 2010 7:57 AM

Edited by: Ashish Saxena on Aug 26, 2010 8:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ad 1 and 2) botht should not be a problem. You can call SAp systems through web services (SOA). You just need to know the right services

ad 3) for a better integration (and also use by mobile devices) SAP is going to show the Project Gateway at TechEd. I think I have seen information about Gateway on the SDN

All three answers are true for BB as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an immediate need for integrating BB app (Sales order) with SAP. I would like to use NW mobile.

As my understanding the App developed using NWDS Data modeling is not easy to modify from a UI perspective (also it is not a rich UI), however can the app be developed in J2ME and can I still use the DOE and Device mgt functionality of NW Mobile? Any suggestions or documentation on the same would be very helpful.

Answers (0)