cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have setup a scenario to send a soap message to a web service. Then scenario works? and the message shows successful, but nothing was written to the web service. Is there a way to see where the problem occurs, or why does it shows successful but did not give a message over to the web service?

Thanks in advance for the help

Clinton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi clinton,

1) First if it is successful in the SXMB_MONI , you can go to RWB->Message Monitoring and check the Audit log

2) Go to RWB->Adapter Monitoring ->SOAP adapter

I think, there is a some problem with Webservice call.

Hope it helps in debugging

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I did test WS and it is working fine(unfortunately) so the problem is with my xi scenario.

I am not able to run the RWB from home but will test that in the morning.

I have setup the design and config part and can only imagine that the problem lies with my soap receiver adapter.

I have put the target url as received from my 3rd party(with proxy and host settings in the adapter) and when testing this in my normal browser is fine. It is a .net WS. Am i correct in saying that the soap receiver adapter should send my soap message directly to the url? and that in receiving the .wsdl message and using this to setup the scenario can i take that the soap mesage that i am sending to the WS is correct and fine for the WS to receive? i can only think that it might be the soap message that is causing the problem?

Thanks for the help

Clinton

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are right , you may have problem with calling Webservice from XI, because of SOAP Message Format problem(Mapped xml - i.e after mapping wsdl structure) and SOAP adapter configuration problem. SO check as I mentioned in my ealier reply.

(i.e Message Monitoring/Adapter Monitoring)

Hope this will help you to debugg the error.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks I am sure the debugging will help.

Can you please confrim that it is correct that I can send the soap message directly to the WebService of my 3rd party.

I found that the 3rd party could not send the message directly to my sender soap adapter but needed to host the service somewhere else before connecting to my sender soap adapter....

Thanks

Clinton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the following errors, and have not been able to resolve it, any ideas?

2006-07-11 16:17:35 Error SOAP: error occured: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

2006-07-11 16:17:35 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

2006-07-11 16:17:35 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML.

On the WebService .wsdl it is TEXT/XML.....

Thanks

Clinton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

Did you check this Pdf for the Receiever SOAP Adapter configuration:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40728f7b-0401-0010-d9bc-8c7...

Also the target URL must be the URL to the WSDL. So, if you try putting it in your browser you must see the wsdl code.Please do ensure the same.....

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the info

I still have the error, any other ideas? As i understand the error it does not like the soap message, or at least sends the content text/html, instead of text/xml - any way that i can change this?

Thanks

Clinton

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

Check your wsdl URL mentioned in the SOAP Reciever Adapter. Check the adapter configuration once again , mainly URL.

Go thru this thread- same discussions-

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use standalone SOAP Client to send the request directly to WS and then check whether the WS is working(what ever you expect)if so then try with XI

RGds,

Vasanth.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Vasanth said you standalone SOAP Client and test it. Then it will be easy for you trace if the problem is with the web service or with your XI scenario.

You can use the following link to download the SOAP client which can also be used to testing your XI scenarios in future.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/library/downloads/tools/sap soap client tool download.abst

Thanks,

Prakash