Did you mean: 

delivery address

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Plz help. Many thanks.

Case:

The goods need to be delivered to the specific location, for e.g., building number 1 of working place ABC, building number 2 of working place ABC. There're many buildings in the same working place.

Request:

To reduce work load, any chances to select the building number against the working place ABC in outbound delivery?

My comments:

If building number is created as ship to party, it will cause lots of sales order changes. The reason is that

delivery address cannot be confirmed when creating orders.

If manually entering building number in delivery text, the separate delivery quantity has to be specified as well. You know, one delivery line item may link to different buliding numbers & different delivery quantity.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i remember handling this for retail customer. For them, the head office will be placing the order and shipping of the goods need to happen to multiple stores. I think we used a custom partner function Ship for to handle this. ship for represents different places where the goods need to be shipped.

Regards,

CLN

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

First of all, many thanks for all your advice.

I'm very sorry that I have not stated my issue clearly. I'd like to clarify it.

I'm implementing SAP project for client A. Client A's customers are considered customers in SAP system. Let's say customer B. B requires A to deliver goods to his specific building number. However, those building numbers are in the same manufactory. The manufactory is divided into different blocks, i.e. different building numbers.

B always specify the delivery quantity against the building number after sales orders are created.

My issue:

If NOT making B's manufactory as ship to party, A have to manually enter the quantity & relevant building number in delivery text.

If making B's manufactory as ship to party, A have to change sales order frequently. Besides, many ship to parties have to be created.

My request:

Any other better solutions to record this business scenario flexibly , and reduce A's workload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

I suppose that customer B informs A about the building number before that the delivery is created or let's say shipped "physically".

I suppose as well that for each order corresponds a single delivery. 1 order : 1 delivery (otherwise modifications in the sales orders will increase hugely).

Considering the two above assumptions, I would proceed as follow:

- create customer B as ship-to (specify only generic address of B - no reference to any building)

- block for delivery all sales orders for customer B

- delivery block to use should confirm the stock

- (when customer B confirms the sales order indicating where the goods have to be delivered) release the sales order and add a shipping instruction texts where to mention the building number.

Unfortunately, if the final location is not known in advance some modifications in the sales orders are always needed.

I consider this is the best way in order to limit them.

Hope this feedback may be useful for you.

Regards,

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want goods to be delivered to specific locations within an address, it cannot be handled on std SAP. How will you know in SAP that the goods are delivered in the right location. In SAP, only PGI will happen, and the receipt by the ship to party is not handled in our system. It is handled in the system of the ship to party, if he is using a different system.

If he is using the same instance of SAP to manage his inventory, then the ship to party address should have been defined as a plant. Then the Goods receipt of the SH can be tracked in SAP. In this case, for the address of the SH, a plant can be created, and it can be enabled for Warehouse Mngt. If this is done, the inventory can be managed at the microlevel upto a storage bin.

Think about the rqmt in the system landscape, may be you dont have to do anything in SAP, if the first case is applicable for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you need is to ship same Delivery line items to multiple buildings in the same address. I would assume this requirement is just for easy shipment of goods to customer, Try saving both quantity and building number both in the item notes and print the same. Just a thought, Lets wait for other expert to comment on.

Thank you

Kris

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Yes, what you have mentioned is complicated case. The big problem is how to record the building number & the relevant quantity both for the same delivery line item or different delivery line items? Manually enter in system or select building numbers?

By the way, what's the meaning of item notes? Is it item text?