cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Allocation: Planning Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

in tests, product allocation is performing as required. it is now time to set the data in PRD.

the hierarchy involves Material, Plant and Sold-to. all-in-all, this translates to a large number of nodes (in the thousands, due to the many possible combinations of the 3 levels). it is not practical to do MC61/MC62 manually.

is there any BAPI that would allow uploading of the planning hierarchy? can the database table accomodate potentially 1 million line items in the table SxxxE?

thanks.

jy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

I am not aware of any BADIs, BAPIs to do this. But if there are programs for deleting, regeneration (RMC**, MC**), so there could be programs for creation/generation also. So check the OSS notes blow.

I am also wondering if you could use SE16 since an infostructure is essentially a table and SAP kind of alluded to it in OSS note 674719 - Planning hierarchy: Highest level is deleted.

Also may be you could use Copy From functionality available within the Transactions MC61 and MC62?

I beleive the recommended largest size of the database is 500, 000 ( 1/2 Million) entries. Take a look at OSS note 631323 which talks about this and provides some useful tips. Also check out the notes mentioned within.

631323 - Planning hierarchy: Known problems

624731 - MC62: Bad performance with large hierarchies

Hope this helps.

ps: did my reply help you in resolving the retrobilling issue you posted on August 3rd?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear chandrasekhar,

your inputs are very helpful. i will check out the SAP Notes.

yes, you can use SE16 to view the tables created based on the info structures. for example, let's say you defined info structure S900. when you create planning hierarchy using MC61, the system allows you to view the hierarchy setup in table S900E (the table naming convention is the info structure + E). you can also view the data from t-codes MC93/MC94 in table S900.

i will get back to you on the results of my research and tests.

regards.

jy

p.s.

oh yes. thank you for the help in retro-billing. pardon for the late response. will also provide feedback to you as i have not resolved this. thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the exact same situation.

I need to automate the MC62 execution (S***E) because of a large number of possibilities (material / sold-to).

How did you resolve your problem back in 2010 ?

Thanks