cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Virsa4.0 to GRC AC5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

One of my client is having Virsa4.0 installed in their system. Now They want to upgrade the existing system to GRC AC5.3(with four component of AC5.3). So, please let me know about the Best Approach to upgrade.

I didn't work in virsa4.0 but as far as I know it is in ABAP stack and AC5.3 is j2ee stack. So, it will be a fresh installation I hope?

But If I go for fresh installation then how I will upload rules in RAR 5.3 from CC 4.0. There will be two scenerio-

1) I need to defined rules in AC5.3 manually or uploading technical rule book. Or

2) I can export the rules from CC 4.0 and import into AC5.0.

Please let me know your valuable inputs-

Thanks,

Sudip Saha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudip,

Yes, you are right. 5.3 is basically Java stack but it also has the 5.3 RTA components. The upgrade will be having 3 areas:

1. Installation of the Front end 5.3 components on the Java Stack. This will be fresh install only.

2. Upgrade the existing 4.0 RTA to the 5.3 RTA's in the backend systems.

3. Linkage of connectivity between new Front end components to the upgraded RTA of 5.3 using the connectors.

Once you have installed the front end 5.3 components and have upgraded the backend RTA to 5.3 ones, you can use the system connectors to connect to the backends.

As for the rules, you have 2 choices:

1. Either upload the standard text files in front end component of RAR to build rules afresh. The customizing done in the backend 4.0 rules will be lost.

2. Export rules from 4.0 ABAP component into the front end 5.3 RAR using the /VIRSA/ZVRAT_L03 utility. Using this utility you can export the rules of the existing 4.0 compliance Calibrator to the 5.3 front end RAR. This utility will convert the rules of 4.0 to the format suitable for 5.3. This utility will export Rules, Mitigations etc. You can modify the file to remove the components that you do not want to. This has benefit that your customizing will stay.

Use the Upgrade guide of AC5.3 for more detailed information.

Regards, Varun

Answers (0)