cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I would like to ask from all of you regarding material determination.

Scenario:

Sales order was created via IDoc. The sales order was successfully created giving status 53. However, there is one EAN code that gave wromg material number in the sales order.

Although material determination has been created correctly for EAN code: ABC for material number 123 to order number: 3000952160 for idoc number: 581 has been transferred the EAN code: ABC to wrong material: 456.

No Pricing Reference Material maintained in each materials.

Summary:

Using EAN: ABC the expected material to show in order is 123. But in the order, it gives material: 456.

Please help me check why material 456 retrieved instead of 123. What are other ways of checking this?

Thank you so much in advance for the help

Bluetag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would first check to see if you are experiencing the same thing when entering an order through VA01. If you are, when in VA01 Go into menu path environment-> Analysis -> Material Determination and click 'ON'. then when entering the SKU you will see the determination log and determine where the bad SKU is coming from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for taking time to respond.

I have tried replicating this by creating an IDoc (very similar to what happens in prod system). The order created is correct. It retrieves correct material.

I have tried also using VA01, issue is not replicated also

Please help. Or is there other things i need to check aside from material determination, the material itself, etc.

Thank you.

Bluetag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Blue,

Can you validate the same that the error is occuring in your production environment using VA01 and not saving your order. If it appears to be working fine in your tests systems, I would interpret this as the data is different in your production system. You can turn material determination on in your production system within order entry to review the analysis log and then review the data.

Matt