cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Parent/Children Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello To all.

I am trying to create a new process due to a demand of one of our major customers: One Parent Sales Order (Document Type YOR and Item Category YTAN) . The parent was made because we know the total quantity of the needed material but not the final splitting to the various ship-to destinations of the same customer. So we will use it to make the production and reserve the material's serial numbers. After the customer's inspection, they will provide us with the missing information, namely final destinations and corresponding quantities.

The concept is to create Children Sales Orders (Document Type YOR and Item Category YTAN) with reference to the Parent one, one for each destination. Their demands will detract from the Parent's stock and their subsequent deliveries and invoices will close also the Parent's process.

The problem is that although there is a connection between the Parent/Children in the document flow, the Children create new demands in the MRP run and do not detract from the Parent's available stock. Could you please please help me on this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case that you work MTO, then this process will not work, because requirements are created per order&line item; so you used it for production, and now there's stock in there, and the new child order does not inherit the father's stock.

Why won't you redesign the concept; if you only miss the ship-to's, I think that you can later on change the original order to add the ship-to's, and it is much simpler, and also won't get you in trouble with MRP.

Regards,

Mario